Add on 2 the urgent help required

Post by da » Sat, 20 Jul 2002 10:49:56

I was wondering is a Duron processor good or is it better 2 purchases
a Athlon processor because I have accidentally purchaces a duron 1.2

Thanx

Add on 2 the urgent help required

Post by wanke » Sat, 20 Jul 2002 11:10:08

Quote:> I was wondering is a Duron processor good or is it better 2 purchases
> a Athlon processor because I have accidentally purchaces a duron 1.2

> Thanx

relax bro... the Duron 1.2 is not going to be as fast (un-OCed) as an
Athlon, but it will be much cheaper.  In regards to your other question...
the difference between the box-version and the non-box-version is as
follows: the box-version is "retail," and it will come with a HSF (heat sink
and fan).  It will also be a couple of dollars more.  The non-box-version
will be cheaper, but it won't come with a HSF.  If you are going to OC...
you want to buy the non-box-version and buy a really good HSF.  Otherwise,
you want the box-version so you can use the stock HSF.  If anything I just
said didn't make sense... plz say so.

Add on 2 the urgent help required

Post by orionw » Sat, 20 Jul 2002 15:17:48

Isn't it also typical that the retail version comes with a longer warranty? I've
never heard of anyone having a CPU burn out on them, so maybe the warranty
difference is generally regarded as irrelevant.

> > I was wondering is a Duron processor good or is it better 2 purchases
> > a Athlon processor because I have accidentally purchaces a duron 1.2

> > Thanx

> relax bro... the Duron 1.2 is not going to be as fast (un-OCed) as an
> Athlon, but it will be much cheaper.  In regards to your other question...
> the difference between the box-version and the non-box-version is as
> follows: the box-version is "retail," and it will come with a HSF (heat sink
> and fan).  It will also be a couple of dollars more.  The non-box-version
> will be cheaper, but it won't come with a HSF.  If you are going to OC...
> you want to buy the non-box-version and buy a really good HSF.  Otherwise,
> you want the box-version so you can use the stock HSF.  If anything I just
> said didn't make sense... plz say so.

Add on 2 the urgent help required

Post by wanke » Sat, 20 Jul 2002 21:46:37

Quote:> Isn't it also typical that the retail version comes with a longer

warranty?

yea... the retail version does usually come with a longer warranty; most
places offer a 3 year warranty on the retail package as opposed to a 30 day
warranty on the OEM package.  This makes sense considering most people that
buy OEM are going to OC, and they are voiding their warranty anyways...

Quote:>  I've never heard of anyone having a CPU burn out on them, so maybe the
warranty
> difference is generally regarded as irrelevant.

Many times a CPU will burn up due to a fan failure, but nowadays more and
more boards are starting to use a heat-sensing diode that shuts the system
down before the CPU is damaged.

> > > I was wondering is a Duron processor good or is it better 2 purchases
> > > a Athlon processor because I have accidentally purchaces a duron 1.2

> > > Thanx

> > relax bro... the Duron 1.2 is not going to be as fast (un-OCed) as an
> > Athlon, but it will be much cheaper.  In regards to your other
question...
> > the difference between the box-version and the non-box-version is as
> > follows: the box-version is "retail," and it will come with a HSF (heat
sink
> > and fan).  It will also be a couple of dollars more.  The
non-box-version
> > will be cheaper, but it won't come with a HSF.  If you are going to
OC...
> > you want to buy the non-box-version and buy a really good HSF.
Otherwise,
> > you want the box-version so you can use the stock HSF.  If anything I
just
> > said didn't make sense... plz say so.

1. Urgent Urgent !!Oracle Manufacturing ERP technical Fremont, CA._long term project_Us Citizens required

Hi  ,

We have an urgent need for Oracle Manufacturing ERP technical personnel at
one of our customers.

*Requirements for the role are below:*

- Understanding of Oracle Items/BOMs/Routings/Attachments/ECO's

- Experience with interfacing the above to Oracle using a PDM system
(Windchill/Agile)

- Desirable to have SQL*plus / Toad

- Experience producing MD50 related documents for interfaces

- Experience leading detailed design mtgs with different functional teams

*Other requirements:*

- Experience with Med Device or regulated industries

- Experience in ERP implementations

- Excellent communications skills

The person will be required to travel to Ireland on a periodic basis for
business reasons. Hence its is required that the selected candidate is a *US
Citizen*. Work location is Fremont, CA.

Thanks

--

*Regards,*******

** **

*Suman Guha Bakshi-Sam *

Harrier Infotech USA Inc****

Office: 732 637 0815

Fax:732-626-8888****

2 King Arthur Court, Suite#11,****

North Brunswick, NJ 08902****

*

*

2. Memory Error

3. help required - New W.D hard drive installation and adding O.S. NT

4. "Disconnect if idle.." greyed out

5. urgent help with CPU processor required

6. XL97: Changing Footer Value

7. Urgent Help required regarding PCI card design and implementation

8. NT SERVER 5.0

9. Urgent Help required, Please

10. URGENT HELP Required on PKunzip

11. Urgent help required.

12. Urgent help required

13. urgent help, IE Refresh Button required