Fastest VLB video card for Solitaire

Post by Philip McDunnou » Thu, 13 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I am currently using an ATI GUP in 8 bit colour on a DX4/100 486 VL system.
NXBench2.0 is around 1.1 or so. I have one goal left for the system. I
want to run Solitaire ( the one by Blake Stone et al) in a relaxing way.
It's so close now (it was not reasonable with a DX2/66) in that I only have
to use a bit of energy in dragging the cards. Is there a video card on
earth (not PCI) that will run faster than the ATI one under 3.3 , and fast
enough to run Solitaire in a seamless fashion? I do realize that upgrading
to a P90/100/120 with a #9 card would do it, but surely Solitaire doesn't
require miracles to work.

Any information would be appreciated.

--
Philip McDunnough                    OR     P. McDunnough (U of Toronto-stats)

[Where sheep may safely graze...]           [Where sheep are nervous...]

1. Can I Put VLB Video Card in non-VLB (ISA) slot?

I have a VLB (ISA) video card which I want to install in a computer that
does NOT have a VLB motherboard (it is, however, ISA). Can I do this, or
will it (a) fail or (b) fry anything? Of course I don't expect it to WORK
like a VLB card, just work at all.

Thanks for any input. This sounds like a FAQ, I know, but I couldn't find
it in there.
--
| Andrew Laurence                           Oakland, California USA     |

| "Poverty ennobles no one; it brutalizes common people and makes them  |
| hungry and cold."            - Luis Alberto Urrea, _Across the Wire_  |

2. Cd Burners? win2k says no to mine

3. Fastest VGA VLB card

4. Thoughts on Documanage systems

5. Fastest VGA VLB card...

6. Redirecting X from VMS to UNIX

7. Whats the fastest VLB VGA card on the market?

8. about cursor in edit

9. NS/Fip 32 bit colour Vlb Video Card suggestions needed

10. Need low cost 3.3 VLB Video Card

11. f/s isa and vlb video cards

12. FDD error with VLB video card