f/s isa and vlb video cards

Post by troy » Sat, 08 Aug 1998 04:00:00

i have the following from upgraded systems, all in working order

1 each vlb cirrus logic gd5426 chipset 1meg $12 shipped
1 each vlb cirrus logic gd5428 chipset 1 meg $15 shipped
both of the above can have more video ram added

1 each isa cirrus logic gd5422 chip set i meg $10 shipped

2 each isa cirrus logic gd5401 dhipset 1/2 meg $8 shipped

2 each isa wdc (western digital) wd90c00 chip set
think they are only 256kb memory $5 each shipped

never know?? thought maybe someone was looking for an old card!

1. Can I Put VLB Video Card in non-VLB (ISA) slot?

I have a VLB (ISA) video card which I want to install in a computer that
does NOT have a VLB motherboard (it is, however, ISA). Can I do this, or
will it (a) fail or (b) fry anything? Of course I don't expect it to WORK
like a VLB card, just work at all.

Thanks for any input. This sounds like a FAQ, I know, but I couldn't find
it in there.
--
| Andrew Laurence                           Oakland, California USA     |

| "Poverty ennobles no one; it brutalizes common people and makes them  |
| hungry and cold."            - Luis Alberto Urrea, _Across the Wire_  |

2. Registering mail with @MailSend or Send method

3. ISA/VLB video

4. Newbie asking for help !

5. Fastest VLB video card for Solitaire

6. the 'disk cleanup' program

7. NS/Fip 32 bit colour Vlb Video Card suggestions needed

8. let's get all msx-games on Funet

9. Need low cost 3.3 VLB Video Card

10. FDD error with VLB video card

11. Problem getting CL video card working in VLB board

12. VLB Video Card...