Problem Powering Up a PC (unless power supply is switched on and off first)

Problem Powering Up a PC (unless power supply is switched on and off first)

Post by Tim Ellaw » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:07:20

Hello

The power on button on the front of my PC case doesn't work until I
switch off the power supply via the switch directly on the power
supply, wait a couple of seconds and switch it back on.  Then I can
power up the PC using the switch on the front of the case.

This is a bit of a fiddle to do everytime I want to switch on my
computer and it adds to the already long boot up time.  Please can
anyone tell me how to set it up so that I can just use the case switch
on the front as is normal?

Pentium III 733MHz, Gigabyte Mother board , Enermax Power Supply
Please let me know if you need more details.

Problem Powering Up a PC (unless power supply is switched on and off first)

Post by Joshua Kleh » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 01:42:02

Your computer may have a short or an overheat problem. Do you have an evil
power supply?

Quote:> Hello

> The power on button on the front of my PC case doesn't work until I
> switch off the power supply via the switch directly on the power
> supply, wait a couple of seconds and switch it back on.  Then I can
> power up the PC using the switch on the front of the case.

> This is a bit of a fiddle to do everytime I want to switch on my
> computer and it adds to the already long boot up time.  Please can
> anyone tell me how to set it up so that I can just use the case switch
> on the front as is normal?

> Pentium III 733MHz, Gigabyte Mother board , Enermax Power Supply
> Please let me know if you need more details.

Problem Powering Up a PC (unless power supply is switched on and off first)

Post by Ricky W. Hun » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 02:05:50

Quote:> Hello

> The power on button on the front of my PC case doesn't work until I
> switch off the power supply via the switch directly on the power
> supply, wait a couple of seconds and switch it back on.  Then I can
> power up the PC using the switch on the front of the case.

> This is a bit of a fiddle to do everytime I want to switch on my
> computer and it adds to the already long boot up time.  Please can
> anyone tell me how to set it up so that I can just use the case switch
> on the front as is normal?

> Pentium III 733MHz, Gigabyte Mother board , Enermax Power Supply
> Please let me know if you need more details.

Are  you using any power saving features, hibernation, etc.? Also, what is
the BIOS set to for the power switch (last state, etc.).

1. Power Supply&Mainboard&Power Switch

Hi,

 I have a problem and i can not solve it by standart
 solving techniques. So problem is;

 A mainboard : Intel Desktop Mainboard CC820
 A standart Gate with 230V power supply

 Power supply is connected to the fuse. At this time
 on the mainboard the led light on. This means there is
 current and it is enough I think. But when you press the
 power switch, there is nothing happened. I guessed that
 i failed during front panel jumper connections. But it is
 allright seeing there. What can it be? Do you think it is
 caused by current wave in the time domain?

2. just a ?

3. Strange power supply issue with ABit BP6 and ATX case/power supply

4. Custom Controls

5. CAN AN ATX POWER SUPPLY BE CONVERTED INTO AN AT POWER SUPPLY?

6. Has anyone here done any OFX integration with either Money or Quicken?

7. 030 board powered up by generic PC power supply?

8. Does you matlab do this?

9. switch to turn power on/off when using APC UPS Battery Backup?

10. Power on problem after power off

11. How Do I Exchange A Power Man Power Supply?

12. Power Supplies and Power Usage

13. UPS power supplies