Is there extra hardware for Dimension?

Post by Jiunn-jye Hua » Sun, 26 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hello,all,
    I know the performance of cube is poor, I want to ask if there is any extra
hardware for Dimension which we can grab NTSC signal at the rate of
30 fps? And the quality is 640x480x24bit. Or maybe the hardware can do
realtime compression to NeXTTime or what else.
    I know there is Digital Eyes, but it seems that the hardware can
only grab 160x120?
    BTW, where could I buy Digital Eyes? If there is better choice,
let me know. :)
    Thanks in advance.
--
??T3? = Jiunn-jye Huang
Administrator of Taiwan main NeXT ftp site, ftp://ftp.cm.nctu.edu.tw/

National Chiao Tung University #  NeXTMail,PGP,MIME are welcome!
1001 Rd. University            #  URL http://www.cm.nctu.edu.tw/~jjhuang
Hsin Chu City                  #  Phone: +886-3-5726111 x82408/x54592
300 Taiwan                     #  PGP Key ID=0xC40BC8B5 on Key Server
===============================#=========================================

Post by David Eva » Mon, 27 Jan 1997 04:00:00

>Hello,all,
>    I know the performance of cube is poor, I want to ask if there is any extra
>hardware for Dimension which we can grab NTSC signal at the rate of
>30 fps? And the quality is 640x480x24bit. Or maybe the hardware can do
>realtime compression to NeXTTime or what else.

  No, there's nothing that will do this.  Sad, but true.  And if someone tries
to talk to you about NeXT's JPEG compression daughterboard, listen politely,
but remember that it doesn't work (well, it works for about 60ms or so,
apparently).

--

Computer/Synth Junkie                      http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/
University of Waterloo         "Default is the value selected by the composer

Post by Mike Paquet » Tue, 28 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:(David Evans) writes:
> And if someone tries
> to talk to you about NeXT's JPEG compression daughterboard, listen
> politely, but remember that it doesn't work (well, it works for about
> 60ms or so, apparently).

And of course, bear in mind that (for some reason :-)) it was never a
shipping product.

Really carefully crafted code using the NXLiveVideoView can grab maybe
4-5 frames per second.

For digitizing video, I've found that the best method (without
resorting to high end racks of Avid gear) is to get a really clean
transfer to a laserdisc, and then digitize still frames from a good
disc player's output.  This lets you integrate the video frames over
time and strip out a good portion of video noise, and use really high
quality non-realtime filters to maximize quality.

Good transfers will cost maybe 300-400 dollars for a single side CAV
disk.
--
I don't speak for my employer, whoevere it is, and they don't speak for me.

Post by german gobe » Sat, 01 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> (David Evans) writes:
> > And if someone tries
> > to talk to you about NeXT's JPEG compression daughterboard, listen
> > politely, but remember that it doesn't work (well, it works for about
> > 60ms or so, apparently).

> And of course, bear in mind that (for some reason :-)) it was never a
> shipping product.

> Really carefully crafted code using the NXLiveVideoView can grab maybe
> 4-5 frames per second.

> For digitizing video, I've found that the best method (without
> resorting to high end racks of Avid gear) is to get a really clean
> transfer to a laserdisc, and then digitize still frames from a good
> disc player's output.  This lets you integrate the video frames over
> time and strip out a good portion of video noise, and use really high
> quality non-realtime filters to maximize quality.

> Good transfers will cost maybe 300-400 dollars for a single side CAV
> disk.
> --
> I don't speak for my employer, whoevere it is, and they don't speak for me.

Could you maybe suggest a specific laserdisk model that would do this?
thanks german gobel

1. extra 300 extra 300 extra 300

I need help, i try to find a extra 300 aerobatic  airplanes. I try whit
the estra 300 of fsfw95 but many te.xtures are missing(ex:gear,under
main wing...). Please help me to find a extra 300 that i can paint who
will be use to make formation flight in fs98. Thank you very much.

Claude Qubec,Canada

2. Mouse Problem.

3. NEW TO NEXT Have Extra /Need Some Hardware

4. using imap to access remote mailbox with different account name

5. I am picked for xbox live and I am from brooklyn new york

6. Printer sharing between a Mac and a NeXTStation???

7. I-AM I-AM From Pope Bass

8. Mac plus failure

9. I-Am I-AM "The Reverend Robert L. Bass "

10. Meet Robert L Bass - I AM - I AM

11. I am Offline when I am online...

12. AM Radio Card for a PC (yes, AM not FM)