Network cards, which are the best?

Post by John Khe » Fri, 24 Sep 1993 08:13:48

Hi all,
        Time for me to get a net card...  The net seems to think that the Intel card currently supported by NeXTSTEP intel is the best card.
        Question 1: How much cache does the intel card have, and what is its throughput (approximately) compared to the built in connector on black harware.
        Question 2: Are there better cards other than the intel card that currently are not supported by NSi, but may have more cache or better throughput?
        Question 3: Where is a good place to get the intel net card?

Thanks in advance for all/any help :)

Later, John

1. AM Radio Card for a PC (yes, AM not FM)

Oh wise and sage net.gurus (hey, a little sucking up never hurt),

        My Dad has one of those little internal FM cards for his PC.
He likes it, but really would rather have an AM card. Now, I kind of
understand why that would be difficult, but I know someone out there
will have the gory technical specs. But my Dad has a friend who SWORE
he saw one somewhere. So, if anyone knows about such a beast, I'd be
eternally grateful if you could e-mail me the details. Thanks!

                                         Cheers,

                                         Lee.
* Lee Vick            *         "Plan A - Senseless Violence."         *

* 713-274-2241  (US)  **************************************************
* Hardhead, Bitbanger, Daddy, Lover of Celtic folk & classic Brit cars *
* Standard disclaimer: TI as an organization is much too smart to      *
*                      to agree with anything I have to say.           *

2. Erhem... what about the .Z80 compression?

3. Best Network Interface Card for GEOS

4. Problem converting Visio diagrams to BMP images

5. Best 3D Card/Best Joystick ?

6. wireless networking security bug

7. Best 3D card/VGA card combo to buy

8. RPN as intermediate code?

9. Very Slow network after network card exchange

10. network card and dial up networking

11. Dell Inspiron 4000 Network Driver for built in network card

12. Which display card and Network card?

13. Trying to get RTL 8139 PC CARD network card working