Question - ATX front sound port connections and PCI sound cards

Question - ATX front sound port connections and PCI sound cards

Post by Matt Lathr » Sun, 31 Mar 2002 16:31:02

I am currently looking at purchasing an ATX case that has USB and
sound port connections in the front of the case.  The sound port has
several single-pin connections that are each labeled (I forget the
exact names).  I would think that normally these would connect to an
on-board sound input from the motherboard.  I have an ABIT BE6-II v2
and a Vortex 2 sound card with no on-board motherboard sound.  Does
anyone know if I could hook up those single-pin connections to the
Vortex 2?

1. Sound Blaster 16 PCI is not recognised as a sound card

I've installed SB 16 PCI on windows xp machine with the manufacturer's
drivers, it installed OK, even the Device Manager says that the card
works properly; in the sounds and audio devices, however, all the
fields are shaded and the massage there says that there is no audio
device. I tried reinstalling it, even reinstalled windows (in the
upgrade mode), nothing helped. Please, help me.

Thanks,
Vladimir

2. Printing a text file ?

3. Need Help with my Sound Blaster PCI Sound Card

4. Is there an error log for HPUX?

5. accessing game port on pci sound card

6. DEAR Greg Hennessy

7. Questions on COM Ports, Bus Mouse, Sound Cards, Video Cards, 20" Monitors

8. I Need how to create .asp and database access

9. Sound card of DSP card for intel sound ???

10. Audiophile 24/96 sound card plus additional sound card

11. Sound card not detected after PCI net card installation

12. Sound cards and sound support

13. Sound Card Problems (Creative Sound Blaster Audigy MP3+ (24bit))