Adaptec 1740 and Sony CDU-541

Post by SPBEN.. » Sun, 28 Nov 1993 13:15:44

NextStep reports No CD-ROM drive found at install:

Adaptec 1740 in enhanced mode, Sony CDU-541 SCSI ID 1.

Anyone have any hints on how to get NS installed with this configuration.

Thanks,
Scott Bender
Harmony Data Systems

Post by Maximilian Goed » Mon, 29 Nov 1993 04:47:25

> NextStep reports No CD-ROM drive found at install:

> Adaptec 1740 in enhanced mode, Sony CDU-541 SCSI ID 1.

> Anyone have any hints on how to get NS installed with this
configuration.

> Thanks,
> Scott Bender
> Harmony Data Systems

Hi

If you use NEXTSTEP 3.1 the ADAPTEC 1740 will not be supported
- refering to the Compatibily Guide

Nice Greetings from Munich - Germany
--
Michael Maximilian Goedel _____________________

Address:    Gerhardstrasse 33 - 81543 Muenchen
Telephone:  +49 89 65 29 18

Post by Dennis S. Breckenrid » Wed, 01 Dec 1993 09:23:03

>> NextStep reports No CD-ROM drive found at install:
>> Adaptec 1740 in enhanced mode, Sony CDU-541 SCSI ID 1.
>> Anyone have any hints on how to get NS installed with this
>configuration.

>If you use NEXTSTEP 3.1 the ADAPTEC 1740 will not be supported
>- refering to the Compatibily Guide

I have tried it here with a 1742A as well for 3.1 and it does not see
the SCSI controller. Apparently 3.2 *does* support it, I can only hope
and wait for the arrival of same, to try it out.
Dennis Breckenridge          Microsoft Windoze. Genetic throwback from the

1. NeXT CD-ROM (SONY CDU-541) SCSI termination?

Does anybody have documentation for the Original NeXT CD-ROM, especially how
to enable/disable SCSI termination?

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there"
Paraphrased in Alice in Wonderland, originally from the Talmud.

Dass man fuer die Philosophie ein Interesse zeigt, bezeugt noch keine
Bereitschaft zum Denken -- Martin Heidegger

2. R5 view applet

3. Do DOS/Win drivers for the black SONY CDU-541 CDROM exist?

4. DCPS V1.4

5. How to use NeXT CD-ROM (Sony CDU-541) on a Mac?

6. DOS 6.0 and Clipper

7. SONY CDU-541-01 v BG

8. Palm app / PQA for sending messages to Verizon wireless? (repost)

9. Adaptec 1740 EISA

10. Driver for Adaptec 1740?

11. please help me with a 1542B/Sony 541 CD-ROM

12. EISA 1740 Adaptec SCSI card

13. Help! Northgate & Adaptec 1740