Argh!! Need help opening NeXT cube!

Post by Skeezics Boondogg » Wed, 30 Mar 1994 02:39:05

I need to open up my Mom's cube.  She didn't get the NeXT Tool with her
original shipment (a BL fire sale '030, way back when) and I've tried
every damned Allen wrench on the block.  Yes, I asked the neighbors and
nobody has the right size.

NOW I understand what they meant by "proprietary hardware."  :-)

Someone please email me the correct size, and I'll toddle off to the
hardware store...

Thanks!

-- Chris

--

Public Access UNIX and Internet at (503) 220-0636 (1200/2400, N81)

Argh!! Need help opening NeXT cube!

Post by Skeezics Boondogg » Wed, 30 Mar 1994 11:41:22

Thanks!  I got a bunch of replies, and the concensus is: #3 ball wrench,
or a 3mm hex.  If this is in the hardware FAQ, sorry 'bout the waste of
bandwidth.  But thanks for all the replies!

After three years of virtually non-stop operation, I'm a little nervous
about how much dust and *has built up inside there, so maybe I'll
have an interesting reply in a couple of days... :-)

"Well, after I fought off the hordes of small crawly things, there was
the thick layer of grime that took about six boxes of scouring
powder..."

-- Chris

--

Post by k.. » Thu, 31 Mar 1994 12:42:08

Quote:Boondoggle) writes:

#
#I need to open up my Mom's cube.  She didn't get the NeXT Tool with her
#original shipment (a BL fire sale '030, way back when) and I've tried
#every damned Allen wrench on the block.  Yes, I asked the neighbors and
#nobody has the right size.
#
#NOW I understand what they meant by "proprietary hardware."  :-)
#
#Someone please email me the correct size, and I'll toddle off to the
#hardware store...
#
#Thanks!
#
#-- Chris

It's a 3mm.

Kent
--
/* K.L. Shephard Consulting is my company.  Infoserv only delivers my mail. */