HP Vectra VE Series 2 - Cirrus Logic 5436 Video Controller Drivers & Windows 95

HP Vectra VE Series 2 - Cirrus Logic 5436 Video Controller Drivers & Windows 95

Post by Chri » Sat, 10 Nov 2001 07:23:04

Hi,

does anyone have any experience installing Win95 on this type of PC?
The standard Windows video drivers all show random dots on the display
-very annoying- and when I install the one I downloaded from HP,
Windows won't start up anymore...

Thanx in advance,

          Chris.

1. Cirrus Logic 5436/NS3.3/Intel

I'm trying to get a Compaq DeskPro 2000 to run Nextstep 3.3 for Intel
and use the Integrated Cirrus Logic 5436 chipset that comes with the
box.

I've downloaded the GD5434 drivers version 3.31 from next and they don't
work (lock up the screen with garbage patterns).

The drivers for 4.0 say they'll work with the 5436 but unsupported --
but I can't upgrade to 4.0 yet because the application (purchased)
doesn't support it yet.

Are there any third party vendors who have such a driver or would I be
better off just buying a Matrox MGA Millenium PCI card and using Next's
V3.30 driver (Nextanswer 1975)?  I mentioned the Matrox card because
it's an option from Compaq.

Thanks in advance for any advice.  John Haver

2. DatePal Pro is available!

3. Cirrus logic video card (5430) with windows 95

4. AutoCad 200 Arrowhead Question

5. Cirrus Logic 5446 video driver needed

6. Communications with the Deaf

7. CIRRUS LOGIC VIDEO DRIVER

8. Prog.mem. write on TMSc50

9. Replacing Video Controller on a HP Vectra 6/266 VL7

10. Looking for video driver for HP Vectra XM3

11. Help: QNX 4.22 Super VGA with HP VECTRA & S3 video

12. Miro Video 20TD drivers and software for Windows 95?

13. HELP : HP Vectra VE 4/66