Next Printer port -> non-Next Printer (possible??)

Next Printer port -> non-Next Printer (possible??)

Post by - » Mon, 12 Apr 1993 07:25:44

Is it POSSIBLE to use the Next printer port to connect a non-Next printer.
3.0 Printer mgr. "seems" to be set up to not allow this.

Thanks,
Bill

(Back to the "Fine" manual..)

1. NeXt Printer problem and the possible use of a non-NeXt printer

We have been using a Nextstation and its printer for the bulk of
our workstation and pc printing. Recently its been having trouble
feeding paper through, such that one has to actually pull the sheets
out by hand. While this is probably a bad gear, I'm wondering if
anyone knows if this is a common problem caused by any parts in the
computer.

If it ends up that the printer can not be repaired, we would like to
know if it is possible to use a non-NeXt printer without losing any
any features such as postscript output.

2. Two SCSIs and lockup (sometimes)

3. Non-Next Postscript printers on Next

4. NEWSREADER/2 and replies.

5. Non-NeXT printers on NeXTs--seeking recommendation

6. Whats the best fax software for hplx?

7. (some) NeXT apps can't print on non-next printer

8. Least Cost Routing

9. FS:Next Station & Next Monitor with Next Post Script Printer

10. POSSIBLE? Intel Box -> NeXT Printer ?

11. Intel Box -> NeXT printer: POSSIBLE?

12. Colorstation and non-NeXT (Epson?)printer help

13. Adding a non-NeXT printer to black