My computer does not boot

Post by O. Torr » Mon, 15 Jul 2002 03:38:40

Hi:
 I was trying to install linux on a second partition partition, but
there was an errror and I had to restart my PC. After that It does not
check for boot recor from the cd (or anywere else) anymore...

 I had been checking the CMOS but everything looks fine...

 If anyone has any suggestions it will be appeciated...

Thanx
- Omar

1. HELP, can boot DOS but not Windows

I met a strange problem these days, which confused me very much.
My notebook (Sharp PC-FJ10) can not boot itself into Windows95,
but still  can  boot into DOS. It used to be good, there were
a period of time in which it would easily get hot when  it  was
powered on a little longer.

The fact is  that after I install win98 on the machine, it just
blinks all the time until I press POWER down. So I changed my
mind to try Linux instead, but it blinks and stalled, and still
there are "LI" (Part of "LILO") on screen.

However,it can boot into DOS safely after I format it by "FORMAT /S"
. Also I can install MINIX on top of it :-)

I wonder that there is something wrong with the IDE cable, but
actually it is good.

I don't know why. Any help, any suggestions or any hints would be
appreciated.

2. The quest for LOW COST RISC

3. HDD booting DOS, but not Win95/98

4. incorrect time on e-mail

5. Help Please -Computer Not Booting

6. sram vs. flash - which is better?

7. Computer not booting, just sounds like it's on standby

8. switch collision

9. Computer will not boot

10. PCI card causes computer to not boot!!!

11. Computer does not boot

12. computer not booting up!

13. computer to computer voice not working