Improving system cooling

Post by Okilee Dokile » Tue, 24 Sep 2002 22:38:11

I'd like to improve the cooling within my base unit. I have a system fan,
and the usual cooling on the various components. (Coolermaster heatsink &
fan on CPU and fan on graphics card). I only have one spare 4 pin plug
connecting to my power supply, so I won't be able to add certain components
if I have to use that. Any other ways to improve the cooling in my system?

------------

Watch the spamtrap. Remove "yourknickers" to reply!

------------

Improving system cooling

Post by Rich Barr » Wed, 25 Sep 2002 07:43:48

  Check this out
     http://www.ocmodshop.com/blowhole.asp

     http://www.modthebox.com/blowhole.html

> I'd like to improve the cooling within my base unit. I have a system fan,
> and the usual cooling on the various components. (Coolermaster heatsink &
> fan on CPU and fan on graphics card). I only have one spare 4 pin plug
> connecting to my power supply, so I won't be able to add certain
components
> if I have to use that. Any other ways to improve the cooling in my system?

> --
> ------------

> Watch the spamtrap. Remove "yourknickers" to reply!

> ------------

Improving system cooling

Post by N. Thornt » Thu, 26 Sep 2002 11:07:58

> I'd like to improve the cooling within my base unit. I have a system fan,
> and the usual cooling on the various components. (Coolermaster heatsink &
> fan on CPU and fan on graphics card). I only have one spare 4 pin plug
> connecting to my power supply, so I won't be able to add certain components
> if I have to use that. Any other ways to improve the cooling in my system?

Those connectors are only a way of connecting wires at the end of the
day. Its not hard to get round them or expand them. You can plug in a
1 to 3 way adaptor to give more connectors.

Do you actually need to cool more? (Often people ask this when they
dont.) If so, have you considered a 1.5kW vacuum cleaner motor hooked
upto your CPU heatsink? Might overload your 300w supply a bit... :)
Should keep your case nice n clean too!

Regards, NT

1. Cool Website.....Cool Prgrams....

<HTML>
Come to <A HREF="http://www.negativezero.com">http://www.negativezero.com</A>

<P>We have archives of levels for the most popular multi-player games.

<P>Games we have archives for:
<BR>
<UL>
<LI>
WarCraft II&nbsp;&nbsp; (200 levels)</LI>

<LI>
Descent II&nbsp;&nbsp; (20 of the most popular on Kali (<A HREF="http://www.kali.net">http://www.kali.net</A>)
)</LI>

<LI>
Duke Nukem 3D&nbsp;&nbsp; (50 levels)</LI>

<LI>
Flight Simulator for Windows95&nbsp;&nbsp; (30 planes)</LI>

<UL>
<LI>
Planes</LI>
</UL>

<LI>
Red Alert (30 levels)</LI>
</UL>
If you do not know what Kali is, it is a program which simulates an IPX
network on your computer, over the Internet....what this means is that
you are connected with about 100,000 registered players with Kali and you
can play 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with people around the world with
all the games above except Flight Simulator....to learn more about Kali,
read "The History of Kali" at <A HREF="http://www.negativezero.com/kali">http://www.negativezero.com/kali</A>

<P>Download the latest 15 minute preview of Kali at <A HREF="http://www.negativezero.com/kali">http://www.negativezero.com/kali</A>

<P>When you register, the 15 minute preview will turn into the registered
version, so download today...

<P>We also have many cool programs including the current versions of ICQ,
iparty, WinZip, PKzip, mIRC, Real Player, and much more!!!....download
the shareware versions now!!!

<P>Paul Hayes

2. PLEASE HELP: Need server time

3. cooling system for the xbox

4. adjtimed dies on HP-UX 9.0 (s800)

5. xbox is one cool game system!!!

6. ? problems with Chameleon SLIP gateway for Sparc<>Internet

7. New Product - Cyclone Cooling System (Picture Included) - cyclone.jpg (0/1)

8. anonymous email

9. Found cool new PC system

10. Problem with water cooled system

11. Need Advice on cooling system

12. cool-systems for CPU's

13. which beand of systems uses a refridgeration for cooling?