a RAM problem

Post by Anupam Tang » Sun, 07 Oct 2001 02:24:29

i know this is not the group to ask this but i'm facing a problem
about the new RAM which i recently attached actualy after addind the
RAM(SDRAM 128/133) i'm having frequent hang's in my WIN98 SE which i
think is due to RAM , but i heard that if a RAM is not ok the system
will not even boot up but my system boot's correctly but is sometimes
 hanged while startup or shutdown of WIN, i was planing to change the
RAM but I'm not sure that problem is due to RAM cause i installed some
softwares at the same day before adding the RAm & i'm not sure the
prob is due to RAM or S/W . What i wanna ask is it's necessary that if
a peice of RAM is not
ok can the system boot properly & can my problem be due to RAM .
Pl'z Answer early if somebody can answer directly to me at

or

a RAM problem

--

It is important that when adding ram the SIMS are matched.  When
adding ram it is best to use SIMS all from the same batch.  This

If you suspect a bad ram, you should run a ram diags program for a
number of hours to varify this.

The machine can still bootup with some bad rams.  If the address of
the bad ram segments are never reached,  then it would keep reading.

Also take care that  Win ME/98/95  may not work properly if the
machine ram is over 512 megs.

Jerry Greenberg
http://www.zoom-one.com

--

a RAM problem

Post by ra » Sun, 07 Oct 2001 13:50:24

ofcourse a machien can boot with faulty RAM just depends onwhat u meen
by faulty? anyway if itss leaking RAM or somehting it might cause ur
machine 2 hang best would be 2 run a test on the RAM through some DOS
based ram testers...
locate one on the net if u can or mail me at the specfied add.....

1. ?|?¥Ram Ram Ram /\/\/\/

Alternative Computing Solutions is offering the following Specials.....
Call Today/..............We also have a complete line of computer
products and Installation is avasilable on-site in the DC area!!!

4MB 72 Pin Simms                                  $ 55.00
8MB 72 Pin Simms                                  $ 95.00
16MB 72 Pin Simms                                 $189.00
32MB 72 Pin Simms                                 $345.00
Panasonic 2x CD-Rom Drive                   $ 45.00
Creative Labs 4x CD-Rom Drive             $ 79.00
Toshiba 6x CD-Rom Drive                       $ 129.00

Complete Inventory...........Call Today 1-703-257-5470
Alternative Computing Solutions

2. system freeze during www input

3. FPM RAM or EDO RAM for Turbo slab?

4. PWS4 Server Extenisons

5. Mix parity RAM with no parity RAM on a slab?

6. ip address problem

7. NS/I boots with 32MB RAM, not with 64MB RAM

8. Win2K Pro refuse to reinstall on a dynamic volume - How to back up other volumes without OS

9. 66mhz sd ram will run with 133mhz sd ram?

10. 256MB DDR RAM equivilant to 512MB PC-133 RAM?

11. 64 MB of RAM or 128 MB of RAM

12. Can EDO RAM be used in place of Parity/Non-parity RAM?

13. 768M RAM PC600 vs. 512M RAM PC800