line rolls up monitor screen

Post by Karl Anders » Thu, 11 Jul 2002 01:36:59

On a 17" Compaq s700 monitor connected to a Trident 985 video card
(I've had the same problem on numerous others, too), a light grey line
about a quarter inch wide keeps rolling from the bottom to the top of
the screen about every 5 seconds.  I've changed the video settings to
numerous refresh rates and screen sizes and the problem stays pretty
much the same, except the roll rate changes a bit.

What causes this and how can it be fixed?

line rolls up monitor screen

Post by J. A. Mc » Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:28:55

these unused words floating about:

Quote:>On a 17" Compaq s700 monitor connected to a Trident 985 video card
>(I've had the same problem on numerous others, too), a light grey line
>about a quarter inch wide keeps rolling from the bottom to the top of
>the screen about every 5 seconds.  I've changed the video settings to
>numerous refresh rates and screen sizes and the problem stays pretty
>much the same, except the roll rate changes a bit.

>What causes this and how can it be fixed?

Bad power supply or excessive noise on the line - it's called a 'hum
bar'.

If it follows the monitor and another monitor works ... repair shop.

Post by Rick Wintje » Thu, 11 Jul 2002 06:09:45

> On a 17" Compaq s700 monitor connected to a Trident 985 video card
> (I've had the same problem on numerous others, too), a light grey line
> about a quarter inch wide keeps rolling from the bottom to the top of
> the screen about every 5 seconds.  I've changed the video settings to
> numerous refresh rates and screen sizes and the problem stays pretty
> much the same, except the roll rate changes a bit.

> What causes this and how can it be fixed?

That's 60Hz line interference - something near your computer is
generating a lot of noise (a lamp dimmer, maybe?).

1. line rolls up monitor screen

On a 17" Compaq s700 monitor connected to a Trident 985 video card
(I've had the same problem on numerous others, too), a light grey line
about a quarter inch wide keeps rolling from the bottom to the top of
the screen about every 5 seconds.  I've changed the video settings to
numerous refresh rates and screen sizes and the problem stays pretty
much the same, except the roll rate changes a bit.

What causes this and how can it be fixed?

2. hit counter

3. lines on monitor screen

4. O2 - Parallel Port

5. Adding Tasks to the base - no addition in roll-ups

6. autocorrelation routine...

7. HELP: Screen troubles (single vertical line on laptop screen)

8. canonbjc 4300

9. Rolling Screen Problems

10. Rolling Screen...

11. rolling screen/please help

12. I'm also having rolling screen problem

13. Roll-your-own Spot Stochastic screens