Questions about OS4/Intel Re: Questions about OS4/Intel

Questions about OS4/Intel Re: Questions about OS4/Intel

Post by Marco Cappucci » Mon, 14 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>> I'm I really much better off sticking with a new PowerMac box (my
>> current 7100 won't run Rhapsody)?
>Not the initial DR1, true; however, I would imagine that a 7100 would
>work just ine with the final release.

Don't plan on running Rhapsody on Nubus based PowerMac hardware anytime
soon. Apple has made it clear that they don't plan on supporting that
hardware. The problem stems in part from the lack of OpenFirmware
support on the NuBus machines.

The Nubus Macs would require ALL new device drivers to support Rhapsody.
Given Apple's currrent condition it's doubtful that they will have the
resources to write the drivers. It's also a question of market
penetration. There are currently more PCI PowerMacs than Nubus machines.

I own a PowerMac 6100. It's just waiting for Rhapsody. Maybe someday.

-Marco

1. Format/Build Disk a SCSI HD in OS4.2 Intel use it in OS4.2 68K?

Hi all,

This might be a stupid question for a newbie to the black hardware:

Can I use a white Intel box that runs OS4.2 Mach with purely SCSI setup
to format and Build OS4.2 Mach HD for use in a black NeXTStation Turbo
Color?

Thank you for your earliest attention.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...

Cheers & Ho Ho Ho,

Tim Chong

2. Router Question/

3. Questions about OS4/Intel

4. listing files from a specific folder on OSX

5. Need advice on intel hardware purchase for OS4.2.

6. Extended attributes on directories?

7. What is the maximum OS4.2 on Intel ?

8. Benchmarks for Karmarkar's restricted problem

9. NeXT monitor with OS4.2/mach Intel

10. Building Intel system for OS4.2

11. Horrid SCSI read speed w/ OS4.2/Mach/Intel

12. Zip Drives on OS4.2 running on Intel

13. Printing from OS4.1(Intel) to HP LazerJet 5L?