NS 3.2 on HP Vectra XU 5/90

Post by David Lawso » Sat, 16 Nov 1996 04:00:00

To All:

Will NS 3.2 run on the following platform:

        HP Vectra XU 5/90 with 540 MB HD
        32MB ram
        Integrated S3 video

I've been unable to find the 3.2 hardware compatibility guides on the
Next site although I did find a beta 3.3 video driver for the machine.
Will this driver work under 3.2. Thanks in advance,

Dave Lawson

1. HP Vectra XU 90 Mhz Pentium & Matrox MGA PCI /2+ problems

Help, please!

I'll be working with a HP Vectra XU 90 Mhz Pentium system with an
installed Matrox MGA PCI /2+ video card.  I would like to install
NEXTSTEP as the OS of choice (my choice, heh heh).

        - the onboard SCSI is supported
        - the onboard ethernet is supported
        - the onboard (low-end) video chipset is supported

The bad news appears to be that the standard video upgrade for
this system (according to the HP manual), the Matrox MGA PCI /2+
card does not appear to have a driver.  Perhaps is uses a chipset
that is supported by one of the more generic video drivers?

One strange thing is that when I unplugged the video card,
the system refuses to boot using the builtin video.  The
manual doesn't seem to indicate any switch settings for
enabling/disabling the builtin video...

--
Nathan Janette
NEXTSTEP & Unix Systems Management Consultant

2. Free 3-D Game!

3. HP-XU vectra 5/90 crashes!

4. 3104 bootstrap erases NVRAM

5. HP Vectra XU 5/90, will it work?

6. New 118 Directory Enquiries

7. AST Premmia GXP/90 - HP Vectra XU 5/90C work with NS3.2?

8. How do I divide a number by the number of nodes in a list?

9. HP Vectra XU - good machine?

10. Does the HP Vectra XU has the bugged PCI chipset?

11. Is the HP Vectra XU any good?

12. HP Vectra XU:only 64 MB

13. NSI on HP Vectra XU 6/150?