Computer, TV; TV, Computer

Post by Chri » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:56:16

Hello,

I have a computer that has one 'Video' and one 'S-Video' plug on the
back. Next to my computer in my room I have a television. Is it
possible to connect the television to my computer and view my computer
on the television as a de facto monitor? Is it possible vice versa
(i.e., television on monitor)?

Thank you.

Computer, TV; TV, Computer

Post by gi » Thu, 29 Aug 2002 03:17:37

> Hello,

> I have a computer that has one 'Video' and one 'S-Video' plug on the
> back. Next to my computer in my room I have a television. Is it
> possible to connect the television to my computer and view my computer
> on the television as a de facto monitor? Is it possible vice versa
> (i.e., television on monitor)?

> Thank you.

it is

buy an s-vhs cable, put it in your graphic card :) and the other side in the tv.

if ur tv does not have an s-vhs port, buy an adapter
http://www.pearl.de/product.jsp?pdid=PE8915&catid=5002&rate=1

hf

Computer, TV; TV, Computer

Post by Chri » Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:30:44

> > Hello,

> > I have a computer that has one 'Video' and one 'S-Video' plug on the
> > back. Next to my computer in my room I have a television. Is it
> > possible to connect the television to my computer and view my computer
> > on the television as a de facto monitor? Is it possible vice versa
> > (i.e., television on monitor)?

> > Thank you.

> it is

> buy an s-vhs cable, put it in your graphic card :) and the other side in the tv.

> if ur tv does not have an s-vhs port, buy an adapter
> http://www.pearl.de/product.jsp?pdid=PE8915&catid=5002&rate=1

> hf

Thanks for the information! But before I go to the electronics store
to purchase a 'S-VHS' cable and TV adapter, I am curious to know
whether this will:

(1) Allow me to view my computer monitor on the television, OR
(2) Allow me to view my television on the computer monitor, OR
(3) Both of the above.

If both, how is it possible to "switch" between the two?

Thanks.

1. Playing DVD's on TV through tv-out on computer

I was wondering if anyone knows how to turn off the protection that stops
one from playing an entire dvd onto a television if its coming off a
computer. About half-way through the dvd stops playing due to some
protection error, that i have to have a proper dvd player for tvs.
I dont see why u shouldnt be able to watch it on my tv if i have purchased
the dvd and the dvd drive for my computer, and can watch it on my
computer, why cant i watch it on my tv.
Thanks
Charlie

2. Address Book Transfer

3. Using a computer monitor instead of TV

4. Some questions about 3D

5. I can use computer moniter instead of the TV.

6. Look alike

7. I want to play online, but my TV is no where near my computer...

8. UPS for computer and TV

9. Computer to TV Convergance

10. Computer output to TV

11. Computer display on TV - how?

12. Lines on Tv from computer input solution?