PC Power & Cooling's Solid Steel Case, problems.

PC Power & Cooling's Solid Steel Case, problems.

Post by Robert Nichols » Sun, 18 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I've got their Solid Steel Case and this is particularly
troublesome. Specifically the Teac floppy doesn't fit properly in the
bay nor do the 5.25 devices come up flush to the case.

The problem with the floppy is serious because it's pushed in and
after a while the follow doesn't take the disk properly. This is
really annoying.

Does anybody know where one can purchase a cool case like the DEC XL
5133 series? I saw those yesterday and they are able to simply slide
out all of their bays. ie. no screws. ie. no drive cage.

What cases will hold a TP4XE motherboard and let you just slide out
the bays?

--
                  "For I am Costanza, lord of the Idiots"
            (PGP key: send email with Subject: request pgp key)

PC Power & Cooling's Solid Steel Case, problems.

Post by Robert La Fer » Mon, 19 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Wouldn't it be great if Frog Design (sp?) made PC cases!

Robert La Ferla
Registered OPENSTEP / NEXTSTEP Consultant
Boston, MA
Tel: + 1 (617) 252-0088
Fax: + 1 (617) 252-0004

PC Power & Cooling's Solid Steel Case, problems.

Post by Pau » Mon, 19 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I've got their Solid Steel Case and this is particularly
>troublesome. Specifically the Teac floppy doesn't fit properly in the
>bay nor do the 5.25 devices come up flush to the case.

>The problem with the floppy is serious because it's pushed in and
>after a while the follow doesn't take the disk properly. This is
>really annoying.

>Does anybody know where one can purchase a cool case like the DEC XL
>5133 series? I saw those yesterday and they are able to simply slide
>out all of their bays. ie. no screws. ie. no drive cage.

>What cases will hold a TP4XE motherboard and let you just slide out
>the bays?

Yes, I'm also interested in getting one of those cases!  (I believe I
remember someone selling Acer cases, of which one model was like
that?)

--Paul

Post by Detlev Droe » Wed, 21 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:Ferla) writes:
> Wouldn't it be great if Frog Design (sp?) made PC cases!

I heard that Packard-Bell cases were designed by Frog Design,
but I'm not sure. And the PB's don't look _that_ nice to me ...

        Detlev
--
Detlev Droege, Uni Koblenz, FB Informatik, Rheinau 1, D-56075 Koblenz, Germany

  C++ is the only current language making COBOL look good. --Bertrand Meyer

Post by David L. Ell » Thu, 22 Feb 1996 04:00:00

> Yes, I'm also interested in getting one of those cases!  (I believe I
> remember someone selling Acer cases, of which one model was like
> that?)

> --Paul

It's actually Acer that has a couple of new computers with case designs by
Frog Design. Acer's Aspire line of computers are the ones, see
http://www.acer.com/aac/products/aspire/index.htm for more info.

David L. Ellis
Western Washington University

1. Case Reviews, Case & Hardware 'Mod' Links

alt.comp.case-mods

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=alt.comp.cas...

World wide links to case galleries, case modification, case reviews and
forums. In addition, many reviews of other hardware and cooling systems are
available at these sites. Overclocking, tutorials, project guides and other
forums are among the content of these sites.

German, French, and Italian sites can be translated with the Google language
tools. Please post information for any language translation tool for other
languages if you know of them.

2. Nuovo Movimento - work offer

3. Case power button problem & question

4. Voyetra "Audio" sequencer, what's it about?

5. PROBLEM: PC WITHOUT A PC CASE

6. IPsec quesion-please read

7. Problem Powering Up a PC (unless power supply is switched on and off first)

8. Windows CE On-Line (UPDATE)

9. AC Cooling "Power" Problems

10. Case's Power Light dark in DOS; Is it normal?