Sound Card Problems (Creative Sound Blaster Audigy MP3+ (24bit))

Sound Card Problems (Creative Sound Blaster Audigy MP3+ (24bit))

Post by Jo » Sun, 23 Dec 2001 12:30:25

Hello.....My Name Is Joe and I just had my seven*th birthday
yesterday (12/20).  I wanted a new sound card for my computer. I
requested the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum. I got the Audigy
mp3+....not a big deal but whatever.  I have it installed on my
machine but now that I have all of its software and drivers installed
even when I have every volume controller that I can find on my
computer maxed out, the volume is only about 20 to 30 percent of what
it was with my stock sound card and system settings.  I don't
understand.  I have a HP 933mhz pIII 384mB ram 40Gig HD Running
windows ME.

I have Crappy stock Polk Audio Speakers and I am wondering if that is
the problem....but I havent thought of any reason why it would do
this.

So if someone could help I would GREATLY appreciate it.  I am getting
an altec lansing 3 piece speaker set soon to see if that helps but I
am not entirely sure that it will make any difference.  I really dont
want to waste 100 dollars on a speaker system if it isnt gonna help.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!    Thank you for your time and efforts....they
are greatly appreciated.

Post by matt » Sun, 23 Dec 2001 17:32:50

> Hello.....My Name Is Joe and I just had my seven*th birthday
> yesterday (12/20).  I wanted a new sound card for my computer. I
> requested the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum. I got the Audigy
> mp3+....not a big deal but whatever.  I have it installed on my
> machine but now that I have all of its software and drivers installed
> even when I have every volume controller that I can find on my
> computer maxed out, the volume is only about 20 to 30 percent of what
> it was with my stock sound card and system settings.  I don't
> understand.  I have a HP 933mhz pIII 384mB ram 40Gig HD Running
> windows ME.

> I have Crappy stock Polk Audio Speakers and I am wondering if that is
> the problem....but I havent thought of any reason why it would do
> this.

> So if someone could help I would GREATLY appreciate it.  I am getting
> an altec lansing 3 piece speaker set soon to see if that helps but I
> am not entirely sure that it will make any difference.  I really dont
> want to waste 100 dollars on a speaker system if it isnt gonna help.

> SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!    Thank you for your time and efforts....they
> are greatly appreciated.

make sure you are pluged into the speaker out and not line out. on my
card (aureal vortex 8820) they are actually marked wrong, so try moving
them around.

hth
--
matt b
webmaster/designer/perl scripter/general nice guy

Post by Jo » Mon, 24 Dec 2001 17:07:38

> > Hello.....My Name Is Joe and I just had my seven*th birthday
> > yesterday (12/20).  I wanted a new sound card for my computer. I
> > requested the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum. I got the Audigy
> > mp3+....not a big deal but whatever.  I have it installed on my
> > machine but now that I have all of its software and drivers installed
> > even when I have every volume controller that I can find on my
> > computer maxed out, the volume is only about 20 to 30 percent of what
> > it was with my stock sound card and system settings.  I don't
> > understand.  I have a HP 933mhz pIII 384mB ram 40Gig HD Running
> > windows ME.

> > I have Crappy stock Polk Audio Speakers and I am wondering if that is
> > the problem....but I havent thought of any reason why it would do
> > this.

> > So if someone could help I would GREATLY appreciate it.  I am getting
> > an altec lansing 3 piece speaker set soon to see if that helps but I
> > am not entirely sure that it will make any difference.  I really dont
> > want to waste 100 dollars on a speaker system if it isnt gonna help.

> > SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!    Thank you for your time and efforts....they
> > are greatly appreciated.

> make sure you are pluged into the speaker out and not line out. on my
> card (aureal vortex 8820) they are actually marked wrong, so try moving
> them around.

> hth
> --
> matt b

thanks for posting matt......but I have already tried that....have any
other ideas???

1. Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Problem

I have recently purchased a new creative sound blaster audigy model
number SB0090.  I am building a new computer and purchased it for that
reason.  My system specs follow this message.  Upon installation
windows 2000 professional did not seem to auto detect the device.  I
have installed all the software on the accompanying cd-rom.  In
addition I have downloaded the latest win 2k pro drivers from
creative's website and attempted to install them.  However upon
installation they say that the creative audigy sound card can not be
found.  I have removed the drivers and reinstalled them several times.
 In addition I have moved the card to every available (6 of them) PCI
slot in the system.  I'm not sure if the card is bad or not because I
have not yet tested it out on another PC.  In addition I do not yet
have service pack 2 for windows 2000 which I am in the process of
downloading.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.  Thanks.

Abit KR7A-133-RAID
Western Digital 100GB HDD
AMD Athlon 1800+
512 MB Viking PC 2100 RAM
Chaintech 64 MB DDR NVIDIA GEFORCE 3 TI200 AGP video card
AOPEN DVD ROM Drive (Not sure of the model)

2. FS: Games ($20 or less)

3. Sound Blaster Audigy makes "clack" sound every 4 seconds

4. CESAR project and multisensor integration using a NCUBE machine

5. Sound Blaster 16 PCI is not recognised as a sound card

6. A Third Jarl Sigurd CD Now Available!

7. Need Help with my Sound Blaster PCI Sound Card

8. MOUSE UPDATE

9. problems with Creative Sound Blaster Live 5.1

10. Creative Labs Sound Blaster v. 1.5 problems

11. Using Sound Blaster Audigy and Xbox for Dolby?

12. Sound Blaster value 16 Pnp; play any sound hangs the system

13. cheap(or free) Vxworkd Sound Driver for Sound Blaster compatible?