An idea - Revisited

Post by Networkgu » Sun, 28 Jan 2001 02:41:18

I posted a couple of weeks back regarding setting up a site pulling all the
other networking info together.

I got a lot of very positive responses back both on and off the board.

One thing that has struck me is that a lot of people have already done stuff
like this on various topics. Some on connection sharing, some on LANs etc so
why do loads of hard work if somebody has done it already.

As I am not in the business of ripping off other peoples material, I have
decided that what I need to create is a portal linking all of these other
decent sites together and then perhaps add things like discussion forums,
news etc onto it.

This way credit (and traffic) will be given to the website creators who
rightfully deserve it.

So

Any suggestions?

Do you have a site that you would let me link to?
Do you know of any decent sites that are worth approaching?

I am not looking to make money out of this so if you want paying then tough.

I am looking to cover the following:

Networking - Home, small business, wireless, internet sharing etc
Servers - Home and small business
Internet - ISPs, reviews, speed testers etc
Anything else kind of related to the above (or if you can think of something
else).

Thanks

An idea - Revisited

Post by Hotlinks Internet Service » Sun, 28 Jan 2001 10:22:13

www.ripe.net www.arin.net www.apnic.net ip and dns info

www.nic.uk uk domain info

www.icann.com international domain info

www.linux.org everyone should learn linux

www.slackware.com and use slackware linux

Good luck with the site

Panny
Hotlinks Internet Services
http://www.hotlinks.co.uk

Quote:> I posted a couple of weeks back regarding setting up a site pulling all