Can Win95 access devices using route-entries??

Can Win95 access devices using route-entries??

Post by Jens Eber » Tue, 23 Jun 1998 04:00:00

What has to be done to access a device on a network living
on the "other side" of a server with two network cards ??

Thank you,
Jens

Can Win95 access devices using route-entries??

Post by dtbag.. » Fri, 26 Jun 1998 04:00:00

If you could supply more information about your network: protocol,
server operating system, any other relevant information.

Quote:>What has to be done to access a device on a network living
>on the "other side" of a server with two network cards ??

>Thank you,
>Jens

Can Win95 access devices using route-entries??

Post by Jens Eber » Fri, 26 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Sure - happy to get a response :-)

The server is a HP Unix box (9000/800 D250) running HP-UX 10.20. It hat two
network
cards: first a 10 MB card (lan0) set to 194.121.167.x, 255.255.255.0
second a 100 MB card (lan1) set to 194.121.166.x, 255.255.255.0

lan0 is connected to a HUB and this network serves several print servers.
lan1 is connected to a switch, that builds the backbone of the network an
connects several PC's.

I would like to reach from my PC being connected to the switch the print
servers on the 194.121.167.x
network. Should work, but I can't get it to work.

Happy to get any hints.

Thank you,
Jens

Post by Lars Garde » Sat, 27 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> I would like to reach from my PC being connected to the switch the print
> servers on the 194.121.167.x
> network. Should work, but I can't get it to work.

Can you ping anything on 167 from the PC?

If no - set default gateway on the PC to the address of lan1 on the server.

If this is set up correctly, see if the Unix box is routing between the
two networks.

--
Anyone who slaps a 'this page is best viewed with Browser X' label on a Web
page appears to be yearning for the bad old days, before the Web, when you

1. connecting 2 win95 cans with ipx

I'm trying to hook up two win95 machines with ipx. Both machines have
sn3200 ethernet cards and are connected with coax.

In the network neighbourhood I can see the other machine but when I try
to access it I get an error message saying that the machine is not on
the network. When I've tried some other applications weird things have
happend, for example in this chat program I can see when the other
machine sends messages but that machine doesn't see when I send
messages.

Anybody got any ideas on what the problen could be?

*      C h r i s t i a n  A n d e r s s o n         *

2. FS: A3000/060 50mhz 40mb ram

3. routing to a standby server using Cisco device - any ideas ?

4. cfxa question

5. accessing serial device using single telnet command

6. Cleaning Flatbeds

7. Accessing Win95's routing table

8. 100base speed?

9. Using Win95 Ras and IPX with 2500 access server

10. Using RAS to access NT server and MS Exchange via WIN95

11. HOW TO access COM-port under DOS by NULL-MODEM using Win95?-thanx

12. Accessing shared resources across subnets using WFW & Win95