configuring MS ISA server to be a public web proxy server

configuring MS ISA server to be a public web proxy server

Post by |-|E/-\D\/\/OU|\ » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 04:01:02

how can i configure my ISA server to be a public web proxy server (one
that can be used by anyone on the internet)?

configuring MS ISA server to be a public web proxy server

Post by Geert » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 05:11:16

You can set your internal and external ipadresses.
Make all ipaddresses internal

Quote:> how can i configure my ISA server to be a public web proxy server (one
> that can be used by anyone on the internet)?

configuring MS ISA server to be a public web proxy server

Post by |-|E/-\D\/\/OU|\ » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:26:30

Quote:> You can set your internal and external ipadresses.
> Make all ipaddresses internal

Do you mean that I should add all possible addresses to the LAT?
So let's say there is one particular computer on the internet from
which I want to surf the internet through the ISA proxy server. The
steps are
1. Add the computer's IP address to the LAT.
2. Configure the computer's IE proxy setting to the ISA server's
address.
Is this what you are saying? If so, I think I am missing something
because I tried doing this and it did not work. Any other ideas?

configuring MS ISA server to be a public web proxy server

Post by Andrei Ungurean » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 16:32:01

Add the IP from the external interface to LAT.

Andrei Ungureanu
ROMPETROL

Quote:> > You can set your internal and external ipadresses.
> > Make all ipaddresses internal

> Do you mean that I should add all possible addresses to the LAT?
> So let's say there is one particular computer on the internet from
> which I want to surf the internet through the ISA proxy server. The
> steps are
> 1. Add the computer's IP address to the LAT.
> 2. Configure the computer's IE proxy setting to the ISA server's
> address.
> Is this what you are saying? If so, I think I am missing something
> because I tried doing this and it did not work. Any other ideas?

configuring MS ISA server to be a public web proxy server

Post by |-|E/-\D\/\/OU|\ » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:17:09

Quote:> Add the IP from the external interface to LAT.

> Andrei Ungureanu
> ROMPETROL

Thanks.
So these are the steps?
1. Add ip address of proxy client to LAT
2. Add IP address of external NIC of ISA server to LAT
3. Configure IE on proxy client to use ISA server as proxy
And that's it?
Tried this, still not working.

Here's another question. The proxy server's clients are all out on the
internet, so there is no "real" internal side of the server. Since the
"internal" and "external" sides of my ISA server are both on the
internet, can I get away with using only one network connection? Or
must I have one connection to the internet for the proxy client
requests ("internal") and another connection via which the server will
retrieve the web pages ("external")?

configuring MS ISA server to be a public web proxy server

Post by Andrei Ungurean » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:44:13

Install ISA in "Cache Mode". You will need only one NIC.

Andrei Ungureanu
ROMPETROL

Quote:> > Add the IP from the external interface to LAT.

> > Andrei Ungureanu
> > ROMPETROL

> Thanks.
> So these are the steps?
> 1. Add ip address of proxy client to LAT
> 2. Add IP address of external NIC of ISA server to LAT
> 3. Configure IE on proxy client to use ISA server as proxy
> And that's it?
> Tried this, still not working.

> Here's another question. The proxy server's clients are all out on the
> internet, so there is no "real" internal side of the server. Since the
> "internal" and "external" sides of my ISA server are both on the
> internet, can I get away with using only one network connection? Or
> must I have one connection to the internet for the proxy client
> requests ("internal") and another connection via which the server will
> retrieve the web pages ("external")?

1. MS PROXY 2.0 SERVER AND MS PROXY CLIENT

I have a DSL account am using it without any problems on my Win NT server.
Now I want to to share my DSL connection with a NT Workstation. So far I
installed Proxy Server 2.0 on my server, and then I run the client
installation on the workstation. I customized  the local address table with
all internal IPs am using in my internal network and subnet mask, I think I
have followed all steps properly, however, I can access the Internet from
the workstation. Any help will be very much appreciated.

2. Vertical Portal for automation

3. WEB PUBLISHING & WEB DESIGN & CONFIGURING WEB SERVERS

4. aggregate UDF's

5. Forwarding Protocol 47 (GRE) through MS ISA Server (Firewall) to VPN-PPTP-Server

6. Drop down menus of clickable links

7. Forwarding Port 47 (GRE) through MS ISA Server (Firewall) to VPN-PPTP-Server

8. VPN Windows 98 Server

9. Modem sharing with NT server, MS Proxy Server & LAN

10. help: NT proxy server & Unix web server...

11. How to share one IP address with two servers (application server and web server)?

12. INTERNET CONNECTION FAILED : Laptop (modem) ---> Cisco 3640 ---> Proxy (Isa Server)

13. MS ISA Server to Linksys VPN Router