Setting up internet proxy server using wingate

Setting up internet proxy server using wingate

Post by The Travelling High Schoo » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I've got 2 pc's on an OS2 LAN both running win98.
One of the pc's i've setup as the proxy server (following wingate and
gatekeeper help) and the other as a workstation to use this proxy server.

I can ping wingate and the workstation from the proxy server.

But i can't ping wingate from the workstation.

As far as i'm aware it is not a hardware or network problem.

Any suggestions??

Setting up internet proxy server using wingate

Post by David Wolf » Mon, 25 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I've got 2 pc's on an OS2 LAN both running win98.
>One of the pc's i've setup as the proxy server (following wingate and
>gatekeeper help) and the other as a workstation to use this proxy server.

>I can ping wingate and the workstation from the proxy server.

>But i can't ping wingate from the workstation.

check your spelling - wingate appeas to be case sensitive?  If you are using
IP, try ping'g the IP address..  what protocol is bound to your NIC?

1. Which Proxy Server (Wingate, CSM Proxy or Winproxy)

Iam currently looking into purchasing a Proxy Server. The 3 that may
do the job are Wingate, CSM proxy and Winproxy.
I want to use MS Exchange via a Dial up ISDN using a Router. I need to
be able to enable certain staff to access the internet and most staff
to send and recieve E-Mail (preferably via NT groups).
I also want Exchange to Dial up via the Proxy and then router to
retrieve and send E-mail.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick Phillips

2. FP98 - Converting an existing web to FP

3. Setting Time on 4.11 server using Internet Time Server

4. recovering deleted profiles and data

5. LAN client cannot ping Internet via Winproxy: ISP uses proxy server

6. UltraMacros "inc" Command

7. Using Wingate 3.0 For Proxy Under KLSE Daily Annoucement...

8. windows CE

9. ms proxy server 2 vs wingate

10. Will Proxy Server (WinGate) work over PacBell's Single DSL connection?

11. Wingate proxy server

12. Use of Wingate Proxy Server with Outlook Express

13. Program accessing ftp server through a wingate proxy