Help: Proxy & Wingate

Post by bunni » Fri, 28 Sep 2001 02:40:13

I have 2 computers connected by crossover cable and 1 connected to a
cable modem, everything working fine.
My question is:
I installed Wingate and now it takes up to a minute " detecting proxy
settings "
Is there a way to speed this up?
I plan on extending my home network to 3 computers that is why I
installed WinGate.
Thanks
bunnie

1. Which Proxy Server (Wingate, CSM Proxy or Winproxy)

Iam currently looking into purchasing a Proxy Server. The 3 that may
do the job are Wingate, CSM proxy and Winproxy.
I want to use MS Exchange via a Dial up ISDN using a Router. I need to
be able to enable certain staff to access the internet and most staff
to send and recieve E-Mail (preferably via NT groups).
I also want Exchange to Dial up via the Proxy and then router to
retrieve and send E-mail.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick Phillips

2. Again problems at server port 80

3. Wingate proxy setup: Win95 & @Home?

4. Need a good firewall

5. Help with Wingate proxy/@home problem

6. stack size limitations

7. help! Forte Agent with Wingate proxy server.

8. Auctex with ntemacs

9. ms proxy server 2 vs wingate

10. Problems with WinGate and FTP proxy

11. what is wingate and proxy??

12. Setting up internet proxy server using wingate

13. Will Proxy Server (WinGate) work over PacBell's Single DSL connection?