Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!

Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!

Post by maz.. » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 13:19:46

Hello Someone!
I have two PCs + a Lexmark 1250 laser hooked together through a D-Link
10/100 switch. The host machine: 192.168.0.1, WindowsXP, the client
192.168.0.2 WindowsME, and the printer is 192.168.0.8. I also have a
D-Link DSL100D internal card set-up and perfectly running in the host
machine. Sounds good, isn't it. Almost. Because, I can ping anybody
within the network without latency or packet loss, but the host and
the client machine doesn't see each other! Both prints through the
hub, but in the client machine Network Places only displays itselves,
and the host machine has absolutely nothing appear in the my network
places part....
No firewall program activated. The same workgroup name given, user
account created for the client user. The host NIC is a Realtek
RTL8139C the client NIC is a 3Com card.

I'd love to share files within my LAN
I'd love to share the ADSL as well.

Anibody can help me please!
Thanx in advance, mazsom

Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!

Post by William Farle » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 14:05:48

Install NetBEUI on both PC's....WinXP it in the "ValueAdd" folder on the CD

Then they will see each other fine

Quote:> Hello Someone!
> I have two PCs + a Lexmark 1250 laser hooked together through a D-Link
> 10/100 switch. The host machine: 192.168.0.1, WindowsXP, the client
> 192.168.0.2 WindowsME, and the printer is 192.168.0.8. I also have a
> D-Link DSL100D internal card set-up and perfectly running in the host
> machine. Sounds good, isn't it. Almost. Because, I can ping anybody
> within the network without latency or packet loss, but the host and
> the client machine doesn't see each other! Both prints through the
> hub, but in the client machine Network Places only displays itselves,
> and the host machine has absolutely nothing appear in the my network
> places part....
> No firewall program activated. The same workgroup name given, user
> account created for the client user. The host NIC is a Realtek
> RTL8139C the client NIC is a 3Com card.

> I'd love to share files within my LAN
> I'd love to share the ADSL as well.

> Anibody can help me please!
> Thanx in advance, mazsom

---

Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!

Post by MJ » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:36:52

Install/activate File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks and create
at least 1 share on both machines. Good luck.

Quote:> Hello Someone!
> I have two PCs + a Lexmark 1250 laser hooked together through a D-Link
> 10/100 switch. The host machine: 192.168.0.1, WindowsXP, the client
> 192.168.0.2 WindowsME, and the printer is 192.168.0.8. I also have a
> D-Link DSL100D internal card set-up and perfectly running in the host
> machine. Sounds good, isn't it. Almost. Because, I can ping anybody
> within the network without latency or packet loss, but the host and
> the client machine doesn't see each other! Both prints through the
> hub, but in the client machine Network Places only displays itselves,
> and the host machine has absolutely nothing appear in the my network
> places part....
> No firewall program activated. The same workgroup name given, user
> account created for the client user. The host NIC is a Realtek
> RTL8139C the client NIC is a 3Com card.

> I'd love to share files within my LAN
> I'd love to share the ADSL as well.

> Anibody can help me please!
> Thanx in advance, mazsom

Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!Help!

Post by mirk » Mon, 24 Jun 2002 11:38:27

As far as I understand is Xp is not able to show itself. ? If Yes than u
have to enable the sharing features from control panel or network properties
and do login with the account created in XP from Win Me to access shared
folder.

For Internet Sharing You can enable the Sharing Features in XP (ICS) Which
will be in the properties of connection for  Internet. You just have to
enable the internet sharing features in that.
Hope this should solve ur problem
Regards.

Quote:> Hello Someone!
> I have two PCs + a Lexmark 1250 laser hooked together through a D-Link
> 10/100 switch. The host machine: 192.168.0.1, WindowsXP, the client
> 192.168.0.2 WindowsME, and the printer is 192.168.0.8. I also have a
> D-Link DSL100D internal card set-up and perfectly running in the host
> machine. Sounds good, isn't it. Almost. Because, I can ping anybody
> within the network without latency or packet loss, but the host and
> the client machine doesn't see each other! Both prints through the
> hub, but in the client machine Network Places only displays itselves,
> and the host machine has absolutely nothing appear in the my network
> places part....
> No firewall program activated. The same workgroup name given, user
> account created for the client user. The host NIC is a Realtek
> RTL8139C the client NIC is a 3Com card.

> I'd love to share files within my LAN
> I'd love to share the ADSL as well.

> Anibody can help me please!
> Thanx in advance, mazsom

1. Help Help Help Help Help !!!!!!!!

Ive just tried to upgrade my Diamond SupraExpress 56I using the V.90 flash
upgrade program  but my computer crashed during installation ( yes, yes I
know! not the best thing to happen)
After rebooting my computer the installation program refuses to acknowledge
the presents of the modem so I reverted back to the standard 56K flash
upgrade but get what - no joy there either!

2. lp/lpr switches

3. VPN --- HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

4. WaitForSingleObject api not work in VB5

5. NEWCOM X2 56K Modem ? HELP HELP HELP HELP

6. 12 gauge crashing my 1200

7. HELP HELP HELP HELP

8. Ooops.. Deleted Startup folder

9. HELP HELP HELP HELP PLEASE

10. =?X-UNKNOWN?Q?Re=3A_HELP!HELP!HELP!_I=B4ve_killed_my_network?= (fwd)

11. C800: HELP HELP HELP!

12. help , help , help 2502 token ring router

13. HELP HELP HELP: DISABLING AT COMMAND ON MODEM PORTS