Reverse Patch Lead / Crossover lead - cat 5 - wiring

Reverse Patch Lead / Crossover lead - cat 5 - wiring

Post by Fraser Jorda » Thu, 20 May 1999 04:00:00

HELP

Can anyone advise me on the necessary connection for a cat 5
crossover/reverse patch lead?

I'm trying to connect two pc's together with nic's.

I have wired one end as follows:

1 - O/w
2 - O
3 - G/w
4 - B
5 - B/w
6 - G
7 - Br/w
8 - Br

Many thanks

Post by Todd Fathere » Thu, 20 May 1999 04:00:00

>HELP

>Can anyone advise me on the necessary connection for a cat 5
>crossover/reverse patch lead?

>I'm trying to connect two pc's together with nic's.

>I have wired one end as follows:

>1 - O/w
>2 - O
>3 - G/w
>4 - B
>5 - B/w
>6 - G
>7 - Br/w
>8 - Br

>Many thanks

Other end:

Quote:>1 - G/w
>2 - G
>3 - O/w
>4 - B
>5 - B/w
>6 - O
>7 - Br/w
>8 - Br

FWIW, you don't even need the wires to pins 4,5,7,& 8.

Reverse Patch Lead / Crossover lead - cat 5 - wiring

Post by Kou Srimoungchan » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

If i am reading you write, you have it!!  Thats CAT5B 10/100 settings..
(i think)  you must do that to both side and plug the cables into a hub
and to each machine.