How can I know network traffic, process by process (Solaris/TCP/IP)

How can I know network traffic, process by process (Solaris/TCP/IP)

Post by Frederic PAYA » Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:46:30

Hi,

I want to follow network traffic volume, for each user or process (and
not by station) on my Solaris boxes.

Is it possible ?
Are they tools to obtain this info ?
Idealy, this tool will output text log files that I'll be able to scan
with awk or perl scripts.

I've already tested ntop, tcpdump and ethereal but they don't seem to
be able to trace network trafic user by user (or process by process)

Many thanks for your help

Regards
Frederic Payant

1. Differences in Container Script Processing and Include file processing ?

Netware A file being included in a container as follows:
          Include maps.pro

Where maps.pro looks like below
          Map Root M:=Rodale01\Vol50:Food Processor

Executes and successfully maps the M: drive to the specified directory.

A container script has the following line ( exactly the same as the above ):
          Map Root M:=Rodale01\Vol50:Food Processor

and does not map the drive.

Is there a problem or any limitations in script processing v/s include text
processing or does anyone have any other suggestions for why one solution
works and the other does not ?

Thanks,
Glenn

2. missing kernel32.dll

3. IP routing to private IP via listener process on router's IP port

4. xxxx not availible yet

5. Anyone know details of Hayes modem flash upgrade process?

6. Micropolis 9G drive - thanks for responses...

7. Solaris 7 dialout on demand works, but the initiating process hangs.

8. Onmouseover text color change

9. International Traffic Accounting Process

10. how a 3 way handshake TCP process work?

11. Stuck TCP Discard processes eating cpu time

12. TCP/UDP Port and Process ID

13. IP Input process