Wingate config

Post by Xa » Mon, 12 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

im having trouble with my Wingate 3.0 pro configuration.

I run a 2 computer LAN network, both on Win98, and with the server PC
having an internet connexion using a 56k modem..

One server, with Wingate Server, 192.168.0.1 as IP address, and the
two DNS servers from my ISP.

And one client, with Wingate client, 192.168.0.2 as IP Address,
192.168.0.1 in DNS and Gateway information. Ive also configured the
IE4 with all the proxy info, 192.168.0.1 + port # 80..

The HTTP service is running on the Gatekeeper info panel, and when i
use IE4 on the Client machine, i get in the history part of gatekeeper
a DNS lookup from 192.168.0.2 (when i enter smthg like www.yahoo.com
in the browser URL window), but i dont get anything else !! no webpage
nothing. The ping also works on the client machine ( i can ping
192.168.0.1 no probs) and DNS resolution is working fine (when i ping
a www.yahoo.com, the ping gives me in () the corresponding IP number,
even though i dont get any ping response)

So why cant i get any info from the wingate server to display the web
pages on my Wingate client ??

Tx for the help.

Wingate config

Post by Jerry Win » Mon, 12 Apr 1999 04:00:00

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999 15:36:42 GMT, Xav spoke thusly:

Quote:>Hi,

>im having trouble with my Wingate 3.0 pro configuration.

>I run a 2 computer LAN network, both on Win98, and with the server PC
>having an internet connexion using a 56k modem..

>One server, with Wingate Server, 192.168.0.1 as IP address, and the
>two DNS servers from my ISP.

>And one client, with Wingate client, 192.168.0.2 as IP Address,
>192.168.0.1 in DNS and Gateway information. Ive also configured the
>IE4 with all the proxy info, 192.168.0.1 + port # 80..

>The HTTP service is running on the Gatekeeper info panel, and when i
>use IE4 on the Client machine, i get in the history part of gatekeeper
>a DNS lookup from 192.168.0.2 (when i enter smthg like www.yahoo.com
>in the browser URL window), but i dont get anything else !! no webpage
>nothing. The ping also works on the client machine ( i can ping
>192.168.0.1 no probs) and DNS resolution is working fine (when i ping
>a www.yahoo.com, the ping gives me in () the corresponding IP number,
>even though i dont get any ping response)

>So why cant i get any info from the wingate server to display the web
>pages on my Wingate client ??

>Tx for the help.

Does the Server make any attempt to dial your ISP? Make sure the
dialer profile is set correctly in Gatekeeper. Also, check the
Bindings tab on the WWW Proxy server to make sure your Server's
interface (192.168.0.1) is bound to the service. If you've checked
Connections will be allowed on the following interface only, and it
doesn't show the LAN card, nothing will work.

Check this on all the services
HTH
--

Get PAID to surf the Web!
Click here: http://alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=APP145

1. Wingate 2.1, DNS config problems

While configuring the wingate machine, I tried to ping my ISP with
unfortunately it don't allow me to ping them..... do someone have a
solution?  I tried to use the default Microsoft IP numbers but that don't
seem to work either.

Can someone tell me what I can put in the fields: Domain and DNS server
search order?

I did call my Provider to get their number but they don't give us any
support..... that figures :O(....... can someone help me?

Sprint sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

p.s.:  just remove nospam

2. Latex --> matlab

3. vpn 1.1 client config to pix 515 - need help with initial config _ Im going crazy.

4. OCR DLL for SilkTest

5. Entry in config: service config

6. 90% silver-y2k-Pollyannas left behind

7. Can't save run config to startup config

8. Backup AD Win2k Server - Not working?

9. Config from network not clearing existing config

10. Unable to config ospf in router config mode.

11. can not save running-config to startup-config.

12. running-config is not same as startup-config (CISCO Router 2509)

13. "copy running-config startup-config" simultaneously