NetBIOS/NetBEUI and NetBIOS/IPX packet formats -- where to get?

NetBIOS/NetBEUI and NetBIOS/IPX packet formats -- where to get?

Post by Chengwei Li » Fri, 18 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

For some reason I have to know the "packet formats" for NetBIOS/NetBEUI and
NetBIOS/IPX. Is there anyone who knows where to get such info from the
Internet?

Appreciate any suggestions!!
Thanks!

Chengwei Lin

NetBIOS/NetBEUI and NetBIOS/IPX packet formats -- where to get?

Post by Jan Geertsm » Fri, 18 Jun 1999 04:00:00

try www.protocols.com many networkingprotocols explained

Quote:> Hello,

> For some reason I have to know the "packet formats" for NetBIOS/NetBEUI
and
> NetBIOS/IPX. Is there anyone who knows where to get such info from the
> Internet?

> Appreciate any suggestions!!
> Thanks!

> Chengwei Lin

1. NT Server & ISDN - with IP, IPX, netbios/netbeui

We have a Novell 4.11 LAN using IPX,
and a IBM Unix box using TCP/IP,
and are adding NT Server for playing with Exchange Server....

These are all linked with a few remote offices using an ISDN router.

We have Win95 with the Novell client and IPX loaded,
and IP loaded for Unix & TELNET access.

So - my basic question is -
How does NT Server handle the announcement and finding of the server?

Does it embed netbios/netbeui requests inside of IP or IPX
        (depending on what you happen bound to the server with)
How often do these broadcasts/polls/finders get put on the network?

This of course will either destroy, or work in harmony with,
our current ISDN router network...

any comments on how/if this will continue to work ?

Phil -

2. 10 Pcs. Of Paper Money From Around the World 8507

3. TCP/IP vs Netbios, Netbeui, IPX, Appletalk

4. --Will Oppurtunity Call Twice??--

5. NetBIOS Ports 137, 138 and 139 all necessary for NetBIOS communication (firewall)?

6. Upgraded Virus Alert

7. Netbios/Netbeui config using PPP dialin to 3640 router

8. MCI Mail and bad postmaster

9. NetBIOS, NetBEUI - encapsulating and routing ?

10. netbios and netbeui

11. NetBEUI,SMB,Netbios etc.

12. NetBIOS/NetBEUI Bridging

13. How to configure Netbeui /Netbios with Cisco 10.3