Accessing Remote PC using another PC!

Post by Abdullah Alhmee » Thu, 12 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Is there any way (software) to access (via the Internet or modems) a remote
PC running Win95 via my own Win95 PC, in which I can control every thing in
the remote PC.

Thanks.

Post by Kelly Ace Goma » Thu, 12 Mar 1998 04:00:00

http://www.netopia.com/software/tb2/win/win11over.html

--
Don't forget to remove [SpamNoMore] to reply.
Kelly Ace Gomas

>Is there any way (software) to access (via the Internet or modems) a remote
>PC running Win95 via my own Win95 PC, in which I can control every thing in
>the remote PC.

>Thanks.

Accessing Remote PC using another PC!

Post by bjeunie » Thu, 12 Mar 1998 04:00:00

There are plenty of soft, lot of shareware
There is PCanywhere from Symantec, u just have to download its trial version
on their web site www.symantec.com

Accessing Remote PC using another PC!

Post by Joe Gazd » Thu, 12 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I've had success with Norton-Lambert Close-up 6.5 for Win 95.  It allows
complete remote control and file transfers.

Joe G.

PCAnywhere8.0...shareware available at www.symantec.com

Post by Leslie Mikese » Thu, 12 Mar 1998 04:00:00

>Is there any way (software) to access (via the Internet or modems) a remote
>PC running Win95 via my own Win95 PC, in which I can control every thing in
>the remote PC.

Look at http://www.orl.co.uk/vnc/ for a free package that will interchangably
connect Win95/NT/Xwindows machines and even has a java client that you
can run using only Netscape or IE browsers on the remote side.  Win95
is (unsurprisingly) the worst of the bunch as a server but it appears
to work except for typing in a dos box (which does work using NT as
the server).

  Les Mikesell

Accessing Remote PC using another PC!

Post by David Franci » Fri, 13 Mar 1998 04:00:00

There is a package out there called PC anywhere that could be installed
on both
machines and there is another package called wininstall.  Both offer
proxy hosts.

--
Some defeats are better than victories; |  David W. Francis

than defeats.                           |
-Quotes from a mafia manager.

Accessing Remote PC using another PC!

Post by XiRoCC » Mon, 16 Mar 1998 04:00:00

LapLink kicks ass for this type of application.  Works for dialup (like the
other two shown in this thread) and for direct Internet access across the
web.

Good Luck.

Xi