Connecting 4 networks.. HELP!!!

Post by merly » Sat, 27 Jan 2001 13:44:46

Aloha,

Have a question, need some help..  Have no money for school, so learning on
my own.
I want 4 different networks to communicate with wach other, but kind of
confused
what type of configuration and hardware I need.  I already know to get the 4
different
networks communicating, I need a router. BUt do I need three routers or one
that has three or more ports?
The networks look like this:

NET A: 128.1.0.100
NETB:   128.2.0.100
NET C:  128.3.0.100
NET D:  128.4.0.100

what is the best router(s) for this configuration?

THanks in advanced

Connecting 4 networks.. HELP!!!

Post by Steve Jorgens » Sat, 27 Jan 2001 15:19:49

Well, you didn't bother to describe the physical relationship of these
networks.  Are they connected only via the Internet, or are they
physically separate, but in the same location, or are they sharing the
same physical LAN, but using separate subnets?  We kind of need to
know that to offer anything useful.

>Aloha,

>Have a question, need some help..  Have no money for school, so learning on
>my own.
>I want 4 different networks to communicate with wach other, but kind of
>confused
>what type of configuration and hardware I need.  I already know to get the 4
>different
>networks communicating, I need a router. BUt do I need three routers or one
>that has three or more ports?
>The networks look like this:

>NET A: 128.1.0.100
>NETB:   128.2.0.100
>NET C:  128.3.0.100
>NET D:  128.4.0.100

>what is the best router(s) for this configuration?

>THanks in advanced

1. VPN Client connected to Pix A cannot access network connected to Pix B

Hi,

i have two sites which are connected by an IPSec-tunnel. Each Site has a
Cisco Pix (Pix A and Pix B). The machines from one internal network can
connect to the machines on the other internal network. But if i connect an
VPN client to Pix A (L2TP/IPSec), it can only connect to to the machines on
the internal network connected to Pix A. If i try to connect to the internal
network on Pix B, a log entry on Pix A says "No route to %destination from
%source". Both VPN connections seem to terminate on the outside interface of
the Cisco Pix. Is it possible to let traffic, which entered the pix on the
outside interface, leave on the same interface? Does someone have a hint for
me on how to configure this?

TIA, Peter

2. Posting encryption software on the Net

3. Help : Connect two private networks using NAT

4. ANSI STDIO functions in Codewarrior 8

5. HELP: USING CISCO 2514 to connect 2 networks

6. Quark Xpress 6 review

7. Help! I need to connect two IP networks?

8. Net Meeting - where in Start Programs ?

9. Network not connecting thru server - help!

10. 3Com "Office Connect" or New "Home Network"- Help.

11. Help with: Printing from WIN95 over network to HP DJ540 connected to OS/2 Warp 4

12. Help connecting two TCP/IP local networks with RAS

13. Cannot connect to share on Win95 computer after connecting to network printer