Two win98 computers, 1-modem, DUN tcp/ip sharing?

Two win98 computers, 1-modem, DUN tcp/ip sharing?

Post by (scott.g » Sat, 27 Jan 2001 03:11:44

Can 2 win98 computers do this for me? I have the network talking but
don't seem to be able to share tcp/ip. I would like one computer to
dial and both to have internet access over the one modem.

Thanks so much for any info...

Scott

Two win98 computers, 1-modem, DUN tcp/ip sharing?

Post by Dunc » Sat, 27 Jan 2001 07:29:58

You have to have 98se. Then go to the internet site
www.annoyances.org/win98/features/ics.html. Follow the instructions and away
you go. I had played around for a couple of hours until I found this very
helpful site.

Des

>Can 2 win98 computers do this for me? I have the network talking but
>don't seem to be able to share tcp/ip. I would like one computer to
>dial and both to have internet access over the one modem.

>Thanks so much for any info...

>Scott

1. Sharing DSL with two Win98 Computers

Hi all,

DSL is finally available in my area (Nashua, NH) and to try and defer
the cost a bit I want to share the connection with my roomate.

We are both running Win98 and have been successful using Microsofts
ICS in the past.

We are hooked up together in a 2 computer network running Lantastic 8
(Microsoft networking costantly lost our connections, ie: couldnt see
each other on the network so we switched to Lantastic which has been
running perfectly).

Most of the posts that I have read here regarding sharing indicates
that you need 2 NIC's installed in the "servers" computer.

I will be acting as the "server" and have no available slots for a
second NIC.

Is a second NIC mandatory?

If it is, using the above set up, what about if I get a service that
offers more than one static IP address (the one I am currently looking
at (PSN.net) only includes one but will add others for about $7 a
month.)

Any help in clearing this up for me would be greatly apreciated.

Harry

2. TFTP won't work with Linux RH 6.1

3. Use two modems at home to share files between two computers ?

4. Error in the compilation of vpopmail module

5. quest: 1-Modem 2-Computers -10baseT...

6. X-WIN32 by Starnet not working correctly with new HP-UX 10.20 system...

7. TCP/IP Protocol on RS232 Serial Port Between Two Computers?

8. FS Apple IIgs Tech Reference

9. Direct tcp/ip between two computers

10. Disable IP Header Compression in TCP/IP settings in DUN or not?

11. Help: Two computer Share One Modem?

12. Modem Sharing Between Two Programs on Same Computer