Intel Anypoint Dial-up Issues PLEASE HELP

Intel Anypoint Dial-up Issues PLEASE HELP

Post by Kill » Tue, 08 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I've installed the internal version of this networking stuff to two gateway
desktop computers.  The machines see each other and I can share files.  This
notwithstanding, there one major annoying problem: The server dials into the
internet when no user request has been made for an internet connection.
When the client computer boots, it too dials in.

I've followed the instructions and have essentially removed any useful piece
of software that could or would need a DUN connection to no avail.  This
software won't quit; it dials when I'm there, it dials when I'm not there
and it's costing me money.  At this point I have systray and explorer
running on both computers after bootup.  Any one have any ideas.  The only
step left is to remove the cards and go back to no network.  TOTALLY
FRUSTRATED.  Please help.

On another issue, even though I've set Windows not to long on to drives at
startup, Anypoint continues to "connect" to the client drives, even if the
client computer isn't on.

--
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Kill

Intel Anypoint Dial-up Issues PLEASE HELP

Post by Rick Harderwi » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Killuce,

I was wondering.. I once had a similar problem, though not related to
Anypoint, but the PC started dialing out at boot-up every time.

One way to check what's going on is to let it dial out and check with
netstat if any connection is made to a server somewhere. That'll at
least tell you if there's some software  you can't see is making a
call on the DUN.

Let me know what you get, if anything. It might trigger my memory,
because for the life of me I can't recall what shitty piece of
software that was. I removed it, and the problem was gone.

Regards,

Rick

On Mon, 7 Aug 2000 23:44:42 -0400, in

>I've installed the internal version of this networking stuff to two gateway
>desktop computers.  The machines see each other and I can share files.  This
>notwithstanding, there one major annoying problem: The server dials into the
>internet when no user request has been made for an internet connection.
>When the client computer boots, it too dials in.

>I've followed the instructions and have essentially removed any useful piece
>of software that could or would need a DUN connection to no avail.  This
>software won't quit; it dials when I'm there, it dials when I'm not there
>and it's costing me money.  At this point I have systray and explorer
>running on both computers after bootup.  Any one have any ideas.  The only
>step left is to remove the cards and go back to no network.  TOTALLY
>FRUSTRATED.  Please help.

>On another issue, even though I've set Windows not to long on to drives at
>startup, Anypoint continues to "connect" to the client drives, even if the
>client computer isn't on.

>--
>^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Kill

Rick Harderwijk, MCSE
Media Resultant BV
The Netherlands

===G E N E R A L   D I S C L A I M E R ===
The views expressed in this post are the
opinions of the poster and not of
Media Resultant BV and/or any of its
subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies.

Intel Anypoint Dial-up Issues PLEASE HELP

Post by Kill » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I'll try netstat, how exactly does one use it.  I've taken everything out
that would call for a net connection.  I'm stumped and really annoyed at
this point.

Intel doesn't seem to have any answers either.

: Killuce,
:
[...]
: >
[...]
: >--
: >^^^^^^^^^^^^
: >Kill

:
: Rick Harderwijk, MCSE
: Media Resultant BV
: The Netherlands
:
: ===G E N E R A L   D I S C L A I M E R ===
: The views expressed in this post are the
: opinions of the poster and not of
: Media Resultant BV and/or any of its
: subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies.
: ==========================================

1. Help: How do you Create a UPS cable for the APC Backup-UPS 400 !!!

I lost my orginal serial cable that attaches to my APC UPS Back-UPS
400 and to my computer.  I called APC and they wanted me to pay like
$40 bucks for a new one.. and now they have a $100 purchase limit.
(whew!!!! to much for me)... What I was wanting to know has anyone
made a cable for this unit.. and what the specs are on the 9 pin Male
Connector ( to Ups Connector)  to the 9 Pin Female  Connector (to Pc
serial port).

What I need is the actual Pin #?--------- to Pin #?  Diagrams.
I also heard a resistor was needed?

Thanks In advance..

2. importing text data files

3. Cable modem and Intel Anypoint

4. DFS Admin Tool

5. Configuring Intel Anypoint Network Adapter

6. Trusts between NT4 and 2000

7. Intel AnyPoint - Home Network - Parallel Port

8. Stop Usenet Censorship and Totalitarianism 2765835148

9. Cable And Intel Anypoint

10. Intel Anypoint Phoneline Setup

11. Easy but good recomended firewall prgm for use with Intel "Anypoint" network phoneline adaptor?

12. Intel AnyPoint Home Network

13. Anyone able to keep "Intel Anypoint" phoneline sharing network stable??