How to open workgroup from command line

Post by Jim Kula » Fri, 26 Jan 2001 03:00:11

How would I go about opening a workgroup from the command line?  I can
easily open a system via "start \\servername", but I would like to open the
network neighborhood window to a specific workgroup.  Is this possible?  The
command will need to work on 95/98/Me/NT 4.0/2000.
--
Jim

How to open workgroup from command line

Post by Ruud Ve » Wed, 14 Feb 2001 19:02:57

NET VIEW    is the command
good luck
ruud

Quote:> How would I go about opening a workgroup from the command line?  I can
> easily open a system via "start \\servername", but I would like to open
the
> network neighborhood window to a specific workgroup.  Is this possible?
The
> command will need to work on 95/98/Me/NT 4.0/2000.
> --
> Jim

1. power surge opened modem line...fix with commands?

I have got an old 14.4 fax/modem...I think it is Zoom...ever since a
lightning storm...it has been acting like an open line...I am using a
fax/modem swiitch and when I plug the line from the modem into the
switch the lights flash and acts like an open line...when I unhook the
cable from the modem it goes back to normal ...I have tried two
fax/modem switches and it seems to be the modem...it just doesn't seem
to hang up unless I pull the tel cable to the switch...I know little
about modems.. I assume it is a physical problem...but first is there
any way to "unhook" the modem by a command on the screen, without
having to physically unhook the tel line from the modem to the
switch...and...
if it is a hopeless case it is time to upgrade...any suggestions on
28.8 modems...
thanks.
ben

2. Announcement: TpForth project

3. Command Line Commands (Similiar to Banyan Vines commands)

4. uninstall outlook express

5. c3640:This command has no effect on this line; use modem AT commands instead

6. Q? Combining Borland's Sysutils::Exception and Corba::Exception?

7. %This command has no effect on this line; use modem AT commands instead

8. help with header.el

9. Just How Open Must an Open Network be For an Open Network to Be

10. can ta comm port be opened with hayes commands

11. ppp opens the line by itself

12. Line stays open

13. ISDN line keeps opening : cisco1600 and winNT/win3.11