Network Neighbourhood

Post by Graham Hick » Sun, 28 Jan 2001 17:28:55

I have 2 machines, 1 running Win98 and the other was running OS/2 but
now is Linux, connected thro' a hub which is permanently connected thro'
a router to the Internet.  I have static IP addresses for each machine
and the router.

I had no problems seeing either computer when I was using OS/2, but
since changing the OS to Linux things have gone awry.  I am running
Samba on the Linux machine and read that I must remove NetBEUI from the
Windows machine, which I did, however, I lost NetBIOS at the same time -
which seems to be the problem.

I can no longer enable NetBIOS from TCP/IP properties it is greyed out.
I have tried to add another protocol, but while NetBEUI is available Net
BIOS is not.  I have tried a re-installation of Win98 but no change.

Any ideas from the gurus?

TIA

Graham Hicks

Network Neighbourhood

Post by V Kaprilia » Mon, 29 Jan 2001 11:13:26

Select TCP/IP protocol that is bound to the Network Adapter and select
properties.

Select the bindings tab and ensure that Client for MS Networks and File and
print sharing for MS Networks is selected.

Cheers
Victor

Quote:> I have 2 machines, 1 running Win98 and the other was running OS/2 but
> now is Linux, connected thro' a hub which is permanently connected thro'
> a router to the Internet.  I have static IP addresses for each machine
> and the router.

> I had no problems seeing either computer when I was using OS/2, but
> since changing the OS to Linux things have gone awry.  I am running
> Samba on the Linux machine and read that I must remove NetBEUI from the
> Windows machine, which I did, however, I lost NetBIOS at the same time -
> which seems to be the problem.

> I can no longer enable NetBIOS from TCP/IP properties it is greyed out.
> I have tried to add another protocol, but while NetBEUI is available Net
> BIOS is not.  I have tried a re-installation of Win98 but no change.

> Any ideas from the gurus?

> TIA

> Graham Hicks

1. client 2.5 cannot browse network pc's in network neighborhood.

I recently installed client 2.5 on win95 over a 3.12 novell network. I
no longer can see windows 95 workstations thru network neighborhood. Is
there a fix for this. I need this feature to administer other pc's over
my network and to be able to access share drives as well. your help is
very much appreciated.

2. 4.2.1 crashes when accessing IMAP

3. Seeing 2 PC network on network neighborhood screen.

4. Comctl32.dll

5. Network works, but nothing in Network Neighborhood

6. Configuration Variable (_USTN_PROJECTNAME)

7. Ping successful, but can't see network in Network Neighborhood

8. IRQ 11??

9. Network Neighbourhood in Samba network?

10. network neighborhood/ network card

11. Can't Ping or access laptop from Network Neighborhood

12. Cannot browse network neighborhood through VPN

13. IP Tunnel and Windows Network Neighborhood