PLEASE HELP: Problem uninstalling network?

PLEASE HELP: Problem uninstalling network?

Post by M.G. Carte » Sun, 28 Jan 2001 10:44:30

Recently I set up a direct cable connection from my work laptop to home PC
(to share some files).  When my task was complete, I thought I had restored
my "network" settings to their previous state (so I could access Internet,
etc).  *BUT* now every time I boot up I get an annoying error message "This
installation package could not be opened... check if it's a valid Windows
Installer Package", plus when I click on Network Neighborhood I am
immediately told "Your network is not complete".  The settings look
identical to before; I only have Dial-Up Adapter and TCP/IP (but I know
Windows wants me to add to that).  Has anyone ever run across this problem
and know of a solution?  Perhaps some uninstall procedure I didn't do
correctly?  Many thanks in advance!!

M.G. Carter

1. Help! Uninstalling Network Neighborhood

Can someone tell me how to Uninstall Network Neighborhood? when I was
setting up my ISP, instead of installing dial-up networking (ms dialer for
win95) I incorrectly installed Network Neighborhood instead <:I . it
copied all my files, put a Network Neighborhood icon on my desktop and I
get a password prompt on my screen whenever I start my computer. how do I
undo this? Please e-mail me if you can help me out. Thank you.

2. Simulator for Multicast Routing Algorithm

3. network drive error - please please help!!

4. Call for Papers - Special Issue of Autonomous Robots Journal

5. Help me Please with Linux Peer-to-Peer networking please

6. Statistical linguistics figures

7. Serious problem with INW 4.11 and token ring network - PLEASE HELP

8. OUTER JOIN bug in 5.0.1?

9. Please Help - Problem with Ethernet Network

10. my wireless network has some speed problems, please help

11. Network Connectivity Problem-Please Help

12. Problem with home network, please help!

13. home networking questions/problems. please help