help: NT proxy server & Unix web server...

help: NT proxy server & Unix web server...

Post by David P. Michau » Tue, 24 Nov 1998 04:00:00

My knowledge with networking is not great...

I have an Indy {Silicon Graphics [Runs IRIX 6.2 (Unix)]} and an NT box
sitting next to each other in my home. The NT box is running a proxy
server service so I can map my internet service over my LAN to the Indy
(and other systems in the house.) On both the NT box and the Indy I'm
running Apache. At the moment the NT Apache service is the one being
used. What I want to do is make my Indy my web server, like having a
server within a server. So I'm thinking what I need to do is somehow
forward the requests to my NT box over to the Indy... but how. The NT's
'fake' IP is 192.0.2.3 and the Indy's 'fake' IP is 192.0.2.2. With my
ISP I have a dynamic IP, 206.152.x.x, so I need to forward the requests
of 206.152.x.x to 192.0.2.2.

Also, I would like to be able to network the two systems so I can share
files without having to FTP them... a browser is it? Where you have to
mount the drives? I've heard of Samba for Unix, but that's it, and I'm
pretty sure that Samba is all I need.

I really need to get this done, so if anyone can help me with this, any
info is appreciated. Also, if you could reply via e-mail, that would be
great.

Thank you,
DM
|                            |                                 |

| Keywire Technologies, Inc. | http://members.xoom.com/keywire |
|____________________________|_________________________________|

1. Modem sharing with NT server, MS Proxy Server & LAN

I would like to know how to share a *DSL (or cable modem) connection
using NT 4.0 server as the gateway running MS Proxy server 2.0. Yes,
the gateway has 2 - 10/100 NIC cards installed and I have 1 (one)
static IP addy from my ISP (NorthPoint).

The network workstations are a mix of NT and Win98 / Win98se machines.

I have tried numerous configurations and have found none to work. I
have the workstations pinging the Gateway and viceversa but they
cannot get past it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Nick

2. lexmark 1100 emulation

3. WEB PUBLISHING & WEB DESIGN & CONFIGURING WEB SERVERS

4. SCM Tools

5. configuring MS ISA server to be a public web proxy server

6. newbie direct question

7. Need Help in UNIX & WINDOWS NT Server

8. screen savers (why so big?!)

9. Unix/NT web server integration

10. NT Server & Netware 4x Server . . . Help!

11. Connecting to an NT Server which is behind a Proxy Server using VPN

12. How to synchronize NT server on a unix server

13. NT versus Linux for Proxy Server (your expertise & experiences)