Winproxy

Post by Calder J Hughe » Thu, 15 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Could anyone answer the following:

I have a two machine peer-to-peer network with Winproxy and a modem installed in one machine.

From the machine with the modem, should I connect in the usual way through the modem, or should I route this connection through Winproxy ? It will work either way, but would imagine there is an optimum configuration. The same applies to Real Audio - do I point it at the port provided by Winproxy - or just leave be ?

The non-modem machine runs through Winproxy no problem.

Is there anything to be gained by minimising the size of the cache within Internet Explorer, and expanding the cache in Winproxy? I think I could save a lot of space this way - anyone know ?

Thanks in advance.

Calder J Hughes

Winproxy

Post by Calder J Hughe » Thu, 15 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Could anyone answer the following:

I have a two machine peer-to-peer network with Winproxy and a modem installed in one machine.

From the machine with the modem, should I connect in the usual way through the modem, or should I route this connection through Winproxy ? It will work either way, but would imagine there is an optimum configuration. The same applies to Real Audio - do I point it at the port provided by Winproxy - or just leave be ?

The non-modem machine runs through Winproxy no problem.

Is there anything to be gained by minimising the size of the cache within Internet Explorer, and expanding the cache in Winproxy? I think I could save a lot of space this way - anyone know ?

Thanks in advance.

Calder J Hughes

Winproxy

Post by Arnold Arce & Sheri Harr » Fri, 16 Jan 1998 04:00:00

One benefit of going through WinProxy is that you use the common cache
which can make web surfing faster.  Plus any sites you visit will be
added to the common cache, making it available to the rest of the
Winproxy users.

If you bypass the proxy and someone else tries to use the proxy, does
it return an error because it didn't initiate the connection?  Check
that out.

Arnold...

Quote:>Could anyone answer the following:

>I have a two machine peer-to-peer network with Winproxy and a modem installed in one machine.

>From the machine with the modem, should I connect in the usual way through the modem, or should I route this connection through Winproxy ? It will work either way, but would imagine there is an optimum configuration. The same applies to Real Audio - do I point it at the port provided by Winproxy - or just leave be ?

>The non-modem machine runs through Winproxy no problem.

>Is there anything to be gained by minimising the size of the cache within Internet Explorer, and expanding the cache in Winproxy? I think I could save a lot of space this way - anyone know ?

>Thanks in advance.

>Calder J Hughes

1. Cisco1603 and winproxy, IP-problems

Hi,

I have set up two Cisco 1603 routers with static IP-routing through
dial-up ISDN.

The purpose is that we have one winproxy server (www.winproxy.cz) in one
end of the network, which should be accessible
from our liason office.

The liason office is able to ping our winproxy machine, however the
moment a browser is started, they are unable to
ping and get request timeout message, and if they stop the browser, they
have to wait approx. 5 minutes before ping works again.

winproxy runs on a winnt.4.0 ws, and in the other end there is also a
winnt 4.0 ws. I have enabled gateway on the Workstation.

my access-list is as follows: 90 permit any

ipx services work fine on the same routers.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

- Permjit

2. Q: Solaris 2.5.1 patch level for Ultra 10

3. problems w/ winproxy,wingate?

4. Xemacs dialog boxes

5. WinProxy and MSN Messenger

6. New products for Amiga - Help needed

7. Outbound IPSec VPN Connections through WinProxy

8. Cisco and Extreme: 10bT FD link negotiation issues

9. winproxy configuration

10. Winproxy help..

11. crack winproxy

12. Dial-Up-Network and Winproxy

13. Which Proxy Server (Wingate, CSM Proxy or Winproxy)