is it possible to map a ftp site as a network drive?

is it possible to map a ftp site as a network drive?

Post by Kelly Ace Goma » Sun, 12 Apr 1998 04:00:00

If you are interested in this take a look at www.knoware.com which is an
Explorer Paradigm and http://www.riverfrontsoftware.com/webdrive.htm which
in a network drive Paradigm. One of them should satisfy you. Personally I
lean to InternetNeighborhood. That is what I bought. But webdrive has some
of its own pluses

Post by Ilan Rabinovitc » Mon, 13 Apr 1998 04:00:00

 is it possible to map a ftp site as a network drive?

1. Map FTP site to a local drive letter?

Apologies to all if I'm posting this in the wrong area (if so,
suggestions on the correct newsgroup would be appriciated).

What I would like to do is "map" an ftp internet site to a local
drive letter - thus allowing me to use my favourite file manager
or even a good old DOS prompt to look at and download
from the ftp site that it's currently configured for.

As an example: map "ftp.microsoft.com" to local drive letter
"P:" - then using Explorer, FileMan, or "dir p: /p" to see
the subdirectories/folders and file names on MS's FTP site.

Anyone got any clues on if/how this can be done?

If it matters: the PC is a 100Mhz P100, 32M RAM, 4G HDD,
with a normal dialup connection to an ISP, and two other
computers also connected to it peer-to-peer network using
the networking inbuilt into Windows 95.

Thanks in advance,

2. Messages

3. New Internet utility to map FTP sites to a local disk drive under Windows 95.

4. 911. Please Help me urgent. Need to Print the GRID

5. Map ftp as network drive

6. DOS Apps using Extended Memory in OS/2??

7. Map a local drive as a network drive...

8. Problem Loading XML file with % sign

9. Bidirectional NAT possible?; Mapping FTP server

10. Number of possible drive maps

11. Mapping NT drives through Netware FTP

12. Cant map network drive on 3.12 server w/ win95 using dial-up networking and netware connect?

13. Windows 98 mapping a network drive via VPN to a NT network