Novell Anthem MCA Ethernet adapter setup ?

Novell Anthem MCA Ethernet adapter setup ?

Post by Lars Fosd » Fri, 17 Feb 1995 06:53:15

I've been given the task of installing Windows for Workgroups on an old
IBM P70 (Luggable 386 w/MCA bus) equipped with a Novell Anthem MCA Ethernet
adapter.

I got WfWg up and running on the net, but it was extremely unstable.
On occasions, it dies, exits to DOS, refuses to start, and so on.

After battling with it for a while, I found out that the card was
configured to use IRQ 3.  Now, that creates an IRQ conflict problem with
the serial mouse, which is not good.

That should be easy to fix by changing the card setup, but the problem is,
the card is software-configurable only, and I don't have a single tool
for the job!

So, if anyone could point me to a software config tool for the MCA bus
version of Novell Anthem, that would really make my day.

Thanks,
Lars F.

--

/ Rocket Scientist            / Stranden 1           / Tel. +47 22831310
/ Financial Analysis Systems  / N-0250 OSLO, Norway  / Fax. +47 22831290

1. Win95 setup says NE2000Plus is Novell/Anthem NE2000

I've got a building full of machines with NE2000Plus cards in them.  Win95
setup is detecting these cards as "Novell/Anthem NE2000", which cards can't use
IRQs above 9.  Unfortunately, *all* of these NE2000Plus cards are set for IRQ
10.  Isn't there some way to get setup to correctly detect this card?  How,
exactly, does it detect a particular card anyway?  Apparently the ISA bus
enumerator decides somehow that it saw a pnp80d4 (when in fact the card ought
to be a pnp80d9) -- is this decision wired into the enumerator, or can I tinker
with some file to correct its judgment?  Or is there a way to fix the device
controller to accept IRQ10?
--

Trapped in a world he never made.

2. 65816 abort line on the AppleIIgs

3. MCA ethernet card: BICC Isolink 4110-3 MCA???

4. Wanted: External 1GB SCSI-II HD

5. Drivers for Tiara MCA Ethernet Adapter

6. FS : 4 x SUN 501-2925 processors

7. What do you use for MCA ethernet adapters?

8. workflow + IDL API + Java

9. <Request for Help> Information on genuine Novell/Anthem NE1000 NIC's

10. Novell Anthem NE1000 jumper settings

11. Eagle Anthem Ethernet Cards

12. CDDI MCA Adapter Card