DOS n/w?

Post by Rob » Sun, 28 Jan 2001 01:19:01

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a product that will let me network two DOS 6.22 PCs together
across a 100Mbps ethernet? I have a spare ISA slot in each...

I've experimented with packet drivers, TCPIP and NFS, but this ties up a PC
completely - I need to run the same app on both, using a shared directory.

Did/does personal netware do this?

Any other suggestions appreciated.

-Rob

DOS n/w?

Post by Ron Coo » Sun, 28 Jan 2001 05:06:24

Quote:>Hi,

>Can anyone suggest a product that will let me network two DOS 6.22 PCs together
>across a 100Mbps ethernet? I have a spare ISA slot in each...

>I've experimented with packet drivers, TCPIP and NFS, but this ties up a PC
>completely - I need to run the same app on both, using a shared directory.

>Did/does personal netware do this?

>Any other suggestions appreciated.

>-Rob

If you can acquire two copies (one for each PC) of "Workgroups for
DOS", a Microsoft product, it will let you do that.

Many ISA NICs are supplied with DOS-compatible drivers; many also will
work with the NE2000 drivers supplied with Workgroups for DOS.

You may be able to find copies of Artisoft's LANTastic somehwere, as
well.
Ron  n1zhi

ICQ:26516311

1. Help on Novell Dos 7 / Caldera Dos / Open Dos

Is Novell Dos 7 smart enough to realize there are two of the same license
numbers on a network....

I have six workstations setup with each of their own servers. I am able to see
all workstations on the network within a single workstation. I have a
startup.bat file that will map all machines to Station_A_PC shared printer
(Station_A_HP). When the last of the six call on that batch file, they receive
i/o reading network, a/r/i/f message....

Can someone please help?

Thank you in advance for help.

2. Average salary in or jobs in Sw ontario

3. IOS DoS defense causes DoS to itself:)

4. NT Server/ Workstation difference!?!

5. Strange misbehavior of modem under DOS vs. Windows DOS session

6. Anyone use GNU emacs editor to write Verilog hdl?

7. dos application run in win95/98(dos prompt) problem

8. Split 18 subdifures into two pages

9. Novell Dos 7 / DR DOS / Caldera

10. DOS boot problem (remember DOS!?)

11. Help with DOS-Network under DOS 6.22 & WfW 3.11

12. Client 32 for dos/win and DOS programs under windows problem.

13. DOS to DOS networking in WFWG