Difference % Trumpet Winsock & Microsoft Tcp32b.exe ?`

Difference % Trumpet Winsock & Microsoft Tcp32b.exe ?`

Post by Paul Le » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I saw some messages people advising to install Trumpet Winsock or Mircosoft
utility Tcp32b.exe to install Tcp/Ip protocol in Win311

What is the difference?
Does both help to dial-up an ISP or connect to a Lan using Tcp/ip

THANKS for your help

Paul

Difference % Trumpet Winsock & Microsoft Tcp32b.exe ?`

Post by Paul Le » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I saw some messages people advising to install Trumpet Winsock or Mircosoft
utility Tcp32b.exe to install Tcp/Ip protocol in Win311

What is the difference?
Does both help to dial-up an ISP or connect to a Lan using Tcp/ip

THANKS for your help

Paul

Difference % Trumpet Winsock & Microsoft Tcp32b.exe ?`

Post by Terr » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Could anyone please tell me where I can get hold of the Mircosoft
utility Tcp32b.exe. I've contacted Microsoft and they don't stock it
any more, as I need to install TCP/IP on a 3.11 network.
Thanks Terry

--
To reply, take NOSPAM out of my email address.

Difference % Trumpet Winsock & Microsoft Tcp32b.exe ?`

Post by Jim » Mon, 10 Aug 1998 04:00:00

From  my experience (which is minimal) with the win3.1 tcpip, is that is
meant for a network. Like if you were connecting a 3.1 system to a non-dial
up connection like a cablemodem or a T1. There isnt a "dial up adapter" like
in 3.1 which would allow you to make a tcpip connection throught the phone
line.

Whereas in trumpet there is.

I have see the MS TCPIP stack at www.tucows.com under their win3.1 software

>Could anyone please tell me where I can get hold of the Mircosoft
>utility Tcp32b.exe. I've contacted Microsoft and they don't stock it
>any more, as I need to install TCP/IP on a 3.11 network.
>Thanks Terry

>>On Sun, 2 Aug 1998 00:36:57 +0800, "Paul Lee"

>>>I saw some messages people advising to install Trumpet Winsock or
Mircosoft
>>>utility Tcp32b.exe to install Tcp/Ip protocol in Win311

>>>What is the difference?
>>>Does both help to dial-up an ISP or connect to a Lan using Tcp/ip

>>>THANKS for your help

>>>Paul

>>Not sure how the MS tcp dials in, but you can get netdial to dial
>>in the trumpet to an ISP. Used it for over 3 years and it works
>>great (can be set for up to 5 five different dialins, and can
>>auto start programs like email once connected).

>--
>To reply, take NOSPAM out of my email address.

Difference % Trumpet Winsock & Microsoft Tcp32b.exe ?`

Post by bur.. » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Look here:
ftp://ftp.*ia.edu/pub/LSP-FILES/win3x/ie4w31.zip

Post by j.. » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Look here:
ftp://ftp.*ia.edu/pub/LSP-FILES/win3x/ie4w31.zip

>Could anyone please tell me where I can get hold of the Mircosoft
>utility Tcp32b.exe. I've contacted Microsoft and they don't stock it
>any more, as I need to install TCP/IP on a 3.11 network.
>Thanks Terry

1. Trumpet Winsock and trmptel.exe/telw.exe

Every once in a while, my telnet will cause a GPF.  It has happened when the
connection doesn't make, after exiting a session, or just plain closing the
app.  Again, it doesn't happen all the time.

We're running Trumpet Winsock 1.0 Rev. A using 3COM packet driver with WINPKT.
 Also, in Trumpet Winsock, there's a warning which reads:

        <Warning - running with less than recommended
         number of network buffers (14 of 16)        >

The NET.CFG file is set at BUFFERS 8 1500.  Is this the culprit?

Looking forward to hearing from y'all...

2. Dune II

3. Trumpet Winsock faster than Win95 Winsock ??????

4. Block netbios with nat?

5. Cisco AS5200 & Trumpet Winsock

6. FS: Sparc mono monitors + FB

7. Trumpet winsock & Cisco 1003 router

8. Need an Java Developer in Richfield MN for 6 Months

9. Boca & Trumpet Winsock

10. Motorola 28.8 Power Modem, Trumpet Winsock, & Lantronix LRS16

11. USR Courier V.34 28.8 & Trumpet Winsock

12. Init String - Hayes Optima 28.8B & Trumpet Winsock 2.0B

13. Problem w/ DSI 14+ modem, V.42bis, & Trumpet Winsock