Lan Manager Error 33: Unable to Bind

Post by Graham Gri » Thu, 09 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I am trying to set up a DOS Lan Manager Client
using a 3Com 3C589C card on a portable
to boot from a floppy to an NT TCP/IP network
So I can run NetSetup for win95 to each portable

Everything works fine up to
Net Initialise  which works fine as follows
MS-DOS TCP/IP Protocol Driver 1.0a
Copyright MS, HP and 3Com
MS-DOS TCP-IP NEMM driver 1.0
The command completed successfully

But Netbind gives
MS-DOS LAN Manager Netbind V2.1
Error:33 Unable to Bind

I have copied the elpc3.dos file from the
etherdisk 3C589X.exe on the 3com website to a:\net
Also I have tried the driver from 3C589N.exe

What is going wrong?

Boot Disk is DOS 7 from win 95
File Dates of Lan Manager files are 10/14/96
from NT 4 Server distribution

CONFIG.SYS

files=30
device=a:\net\ifshlp.sys
SHELL=a:\COMMAND.COM /E:1568 /P
DEVICE=A:\NET\HIMEM.SYS
DEVICE=A:\NET\EMM386.EXE NOEMS I=B000-B7FF X=D000-DFFF
DOS=HIGH,UMB
REM *** Begin Real Mode PCMCIA Drivers
REM Warning: Do not move, reorder, or delete any of these lines.
DEVICEHIGH=a:\PCMCIA\SSCIRUS2.EXE
DEVICEHIGH=a:\PCMCIA\CS.EXE /POLL:1
DEVICE=a:\PCMCIA\CSALLOC.EXE
DEVICEHIGH=a:\PCMCIA\CARDID.EXE

AUTOEXEC.BAT
path=a:\net
a:\net\net initialize
a:\net\netbind.com
a:\net\umb.com
a:\net\tcptsr.exe
a:\net\tinyrfc.exe
a:\net\nmtsr.exe
a:\net\emsbfr.exe
a:\net\net start

PROTOCOL.INI
[network.setup]
version=0x3110
netcard=ms$elnk,1,MS$ELNK,1
transport=tcpip,TCPIP
lana0=ms$elnk,1,tcpip

[ms$elnk]
drivername=ELPC3$

[protman]
drivername=PROTMAN$
PRIORITY=MS$NDISHLP

[tcpip]
NBSessions=6
DefaultGateway0=192 168 0 200
SubNetMask0=255 255 255 0
IPAddress0=192 168 0 99
DisableDHCP=1
DriverName=TCPIP$
BINDINGS=ms$elnk
LANABASE=0

1. Motorola Lifestyle 33.6kbps unable to connect at its true speed

Ever since I started using Motorola Lifestyle 33.6kbps, I was unable to
connect at its true speed. And I had to settle for 28.8kbps every time I
surf the net.

Presently, I am using the driver for Motorola Premier 33.6 External Plug &
Play (Motp336e.inf) which is recommended by the manufacturer. Furthermore,
I could not find the correct driver for my modem at the manufacturer's
homepage.

Can anyone advise me on this problem?

Regards,

2. Wanted: PC program that can read (UNIX) mh files

3. Unable to bind IPX to multiple LAN cards

4. .avi

5. Any fix yet for connecting Supra 33,6 vi to USR 33,6?

6. K95 1.1.20 login problem

7. Rockwell base 33.6K & USR 33.6K ??

8. RCS zone controller + OmniPro II?

9. Netbind error: 36 unable to bind in Optivity

10. Help:"internal Lan Manager error"

11. Problem : Lan Manager error and packet driver

12. Connecting LAN to Internet using a 386 SX 33

13. Compiling Bind 8.1 on Linux 2.0.33