Using more than one Analogue lines as one line

Using more than one Analogue lines as one line

Post by Riz Ara » Thu, 25 Oct 2001 03:47:55

Hello Everybody,

We have a remote office location where, there is no high speed data
facility e.g ISDN or xDSL is available. As we have a small network
there which is tied up to our main office by a 24-hour permanent
dial-up connection. The Server is an NT Server. Does anyone know that
is there any secure solution for merging two or more than two regular
lines as appearing one line (which should obviously increase the
bandwidth)? We need the solution without a firewall so that we can
control the Server remotley as most of solution for merging regular
telephone line are using firewall which is built into the hardware.

Thanks in advance.

Arain

Using more than one Analogue lines as one line

Post by fizbann » Fri, 26 Oct 2001 07:39:27

i thought that you can set that up in RAS, using more than one line
for communication.

i also was thinking of high speed connection through satellite, but
dont know enough to comment too much.

> Hello Everybody,

> We have a remote office location where, there is no high speed data
> facility e.g ISDN or xDSL is available. As we have a small network
> there which is tied up to our main office by a 24-hour permanent
> dial-up connection. The Server is an NT Server. Does anyone know that
> is there any secure solution for merging two or more than two regular
> lines as appearing one line (which should obviously increase the
> bandwidth)? We need the solution without a firewall so that we can
> control the Server remotley as most of solution for merging regular
> telephone line are using firewall which is built into the hardware.

> Thanks in advance.

> Arain

1. analog line + digital (ISDN) line = one phone

I have multi-line phones and I kept my analog line as I loose my ISDN
line when ever there are storms present.... (live on a mountain)

but would like to do is have one of the ISDN lines and my analog line
on my phones about the house. But big warning was not to mix the lines
on same phones.

Is there a device out there that will isolate the digital line from
the LANmodem so I can connect both? I know there are the phone line
adapters that you plug into an outlet at each end. ( I know about the
devices that plug into an outlet at each end and gives you the telco
line via powerline)
  O /
---X----------------------------------------
  O \
J'mes Pallack
Lost on the West Coast of New England

2. Space Vikings - help?

3. Using 2 line phone jack with modem intended for one line

4. Datalistview:server:setindex

5. Using One ISDN Line As A Leased Line

6. XEmacs Packages - what have I done wrong?

7. Weird Menus NDA

8. Two phone lines, one works one doesn't

9. Configuring two PRI lines: one 5ESS and one DMS

10. DAC Digital phone line to analog one

11. Analog lines multiplexing via one B-channel

12. Caller Id Service For Equivalency Lines - First Line Only?