Gaming online with Client and Host both using Linksys BEFSR41 Router HELP?????

Gaming online with Client and Host both using Linksys BEFSR41 Router HELP?????

Post by Neptun » Thu, 28 Dec 2000 13:10:50

Both my friend and I can go to the Zone.com or other Internet game servers
and game fine as a client machine with no Port modifications.......however
when one of us tries to host a game on thezone.com the games try to launch
then kick out back to the game launch screen.....

We have tried opening various ports under the advanced options of the
router..... per the link description below..... but no luck.

http://www.veryComputer.com/

Anyone have any ideas on how to make this * connection work.....or does
one of us simply have to manually bypass the router for this type of *?

Specially we were trying to get Mech Warrior 4 going.

Help
please

/NEPTUNE

1. Help hosting game servers using Mediaone/RR + Linksys router

Hi all!  I've had the linksys BEFSR41 router for a few months now without any
major issues.  I can surf all day and night without any problems.  I have
messed around with Microsoft IIS and setup my own website and ftp server.  I am
having some serious problems HOSTING internet games on my PC.  I have setup
port forwarding (port 27015 for Half Life and port 4000 for Diablo 2.) People
can connect to my PC through the internet, but after a few minutes they are
dropped with an error.  Half Life gives a "Bad server message" error and the
diablo 2 error flashes too fast to examine.

I have heard that the Linksys router has problems hosting games.  Has anyone
else experienced this?  Is it just a rumor, or is there something to it?  I
found this "info" on the router at www.speedguide.net  under hardware reviews.

Anyone have ANY ideas?

Thanks,

Rich

2. Display Postscript ??

3. Help: Trying to host using BEFSR41 Linksys Router

4. Second CFP of TAAI-96

5. Unable to host Diablo game using Linksys router

6. How to disable screen capture?

7. Question about UDP packets & games & routers such as dlink DI704 and linksys BEFSR41

8. Dialer route-maps without using NAT

9. LinkSys BEFSR41 Router & Games

10. LinkSys router, cable modem, and online gaming

11. Unable to host games using win98SE on client machine,no Quake3 or anything

12. HELP!!! Linksys + Online games

13. Help Hosting Game Behind Linksys