NT 3.5 - NetWare PCs as NT clients -- HELP

NT 3.5 - NetWare PCs as NT clients -- HELP

Post by Bruce H. McCorma » Sat, 24 Dec 1994 04:33:54

Hi--

I am trying to set up an NT 3.5 client on a Dell 486/50 MX2, 3c5x9
3com NIC, Novell 3.11 Netware.

When I create a Network Installation Startup Disk, the following happens:

1) NT complains it can't find a bunch of files in the
\clients\msclient\netsetup even though they clearly exist.  I end up
copying them after the install is done.

2)When I boot this Dell PC off the Network Installation Startup Disk,
the following wave of error messages accost me:

Quote:>a:\net\net initialize

--no NDISHLP section found in configuration information
--error loading device driver NDISHLP.sys
--error 7323: One or more network transport drivers failed to load
Quote:>a:\net\nwlink

--NWLINK module not found in PROTOCOL.ini
--NWLINK load failure
Quote:>a:\net\net start

--error 5741: The protocol manageer was unable to bind.

 I think you get the idea.  I tried to look at system.ini,
protocol.ini and autoexec.bat to get a clue, but couldn't
cipher anything out.  Any advice on this would be helpful.

--Bruce McCormack