1. Bizarre problem with small peer-to-peer 10Base-T network: please help urgently!
I'm relatively new to networking in general, and I really need an
experienced expert to help me out with this one, please.
7-computer 10Base-T network
Accton 10/100Base-T NICs
Accton 8-port 10Base-T hub
The network has worked flawlessly for months, until a couple of new
computers were added, involving some swapping around of PCs.
The problem is this: on one computer, the user can see the rest of the
network in Network Neighbourhood but not himself, and the rest of the
network can't see him. So he can quite happily access shared resources on
the network, but when someone else wants to access his shared resources,
Sometimes this user will reboot, and find that he can see himself in Network
Neighbourhood, and other computers on the network can see him too. But as
soon as the other users try and access his resources, an error message is
given to the effect of not being able to find that user on the network.
I have tried reinstalling Windows, changing the NIC, reinstalling all
drivers, changing protocols, you name it. I'm desperate!
If the networking didn't work at all on this PC that would be one thing, but
how can the user see the rest of the network, and they not be able to see
him? To me this doesn't make sense!
One thing that I didn't do was re-format the PC's HD, but I did delete the
Windows folder and re-install. Is it possible that some of the
network-related files in the root directory could have perpetuated the
problem after the Windows re-installation?
Any input would be most appreciated.
2. Access violation with ifstream
3. Best way to add a file server to peer to peer network?
4. DXBIN - different layers?
5. Best advice for simple peer to peer network
6. ICMP / UDP Packets ?
7. Best cheap peer-peer network?
8. moving from SC4.2 to SC5.0
9. >> Win95 Peer-to-peer Network Linked with NT Network <<
10. Bridging two Peer-to-Peer Networks
11. peer-to-peer networking and on the internet
12. Win95 and Windows NT peer-to-peer network inside NW 4.11