Dial up does not allow tcp-ip

Post by James A. Dona » Fri, 02 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I just installed NT Server.

I attempt to set up a dial up ISP connection

I go to the following screen
My computer / Dial up networking / More /Edit entry and modem
properties / Server

I want to select TCP-IP, but TCP-IP and IPX-SPX compatible are greyed
out.

The only setting permitted is Netbui

What gives?
  ------
We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, because
of the kind of animals that we are. True law derives from this
right, not from the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.

http://www.jim.com/jamesd/      James A. Donald

Dial up does not allow tcp-ip

You have to install TCP/IP protocol in Network Control Panel first

Post by James A. Dona » Sat, 03 Jul 1999 04:00:00

>You have to install TCP/IP protocol in Network Control Panel first

I have installed it.  I can ping, telnet, ftp, and all the rest on the
local area network.  The problem is that I cannot dial out of the
local area network.

>>I just installed NT Server.

>>I attempt to set up a dial up ISP connection

>>I go to the following screen
>>My computer / Dial up networking / More /Edit entry and modem
>>properties / Server

>>I want to select TCP-IP, but TCP-IP and IPX-SPX compatible are greyed
>>out.

>>The only setting permitted is Netbui

>>What gives?
>>  ------
>>We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, because
>>of the kind of animals that we are. True law derives from this
>>right, not from the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.

>>http://www.jim.com/jamesd/      James A. Donald

  ------
We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, because
of the kind of animals that we are. True law derives from this
right, not from the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.

http://www.jim.com/jamesd/      James A. Donald

1. TCP/IP -> Dial Up Adaptor -AND- TCP/IP -> NIC

Basically, I want to be able to access the internet through DUN (PPP modem
connection)

                                      AND
communicate across a small LAN with tcp/ip (ie: use voice chat/vid conf.
type programs on an intranet)

keep in mind this is a very small peer-to-peer setup with only 3 or 4 pc's,
all will be win95

is it possible to do this simultaneously?? ie: browse the web over the
modem and Run netmeeting across the LAN ?? Am I asking too much??

2. graphictechnology portal

3. Not Allowed to Plug Cable Modem Into UPS

4. H.323 protocol stack for vxWorks

5. dialing in (TCP/IP) does not work

6. Latest Accenture Placement Papers 2012 - Vyoms.com

7. Need to print to printer via tcp-ip from DOS /Windows

8. Workstations losing connection under 3.12 & WFW 3.11

9. ISDN and a dos ppp(tcp-ip) stack

10. HELP: Networking using TCP-IP and accessing share drive in DOS Mode.

11. Anybody else doing TCP-IP under OS2 (PD?)

12. TCP-IP for DOS

13. Persuading BIND 8.2 not to endlessly cause dial-ups