I can't see outside my subnet

Post by JJ » Thu, 16 Nov 2000 04:00:00

When I double-click on Network Neighborhood, the only servers and
workstations I see are the ones in my subnet when I know there are plenty
more in the Domain.  I can access the servers just fine by typing their UNC
paths.  Anyone know what's wrong.

1. Non-contiguos subnets on the 'outside' PIX interface

Good morning,

Our ISP has recently assigned a second , non-contiguous block of public IP
addresses to our connection.

We are having difficulty using any of the new addresses through the PIX. I
have verified that the addresses function by hanging a notebook on the
outside of the PIX and testing the functionality of the new addresses, with
no problem.

All the original IP addresses function, but when we try to use a STATIC to
allow traffic to pass through the PIX using one of the new addresses, it
does not function. It is as if the PIX is not responding to the ARP requests
for the new address range.

I have contacted Cisco TAC and they insist that everything is configured
correctly, and that it must be an ISP routing problem (which I have proven
that it is not).

I get the feeling that there is something fundamentally wrong with what they
are telling me to do......

Dan

2. VMS drivers?

3. New cans outside - could DSL be coming?

4. searching using dropdowns?

5. Alcatel revisionist PR document (someone's gonna get canned over this!)

6. HP JetAdmin Software

7. 'Seeing' the server's C-drive

8. Need Client Access Install Diskettes V3R1M0 for DOS/Windows

9. what port to make a computer to be seen from outside?

10. seeing the outside world

11. Local host not seen outside domain